LinusTech Livestream redesign

noname7931

I would like your guys thoughts and opinion about this redesign

ff522a4e8ff39ee3ad570316091c2af5.png

I was thinking that maybe instead of twitter at them just use a #tag so that other can see and respond to them as well.

Just an option that they can have.

0ea0614fb9d4273d951ffcd3769c6e63.png

Yes I understand that the box is not around the twitter feed but the the box is 2/6 of the screen up so......yeah.

Plz reply with your opinions.

I don't think they're sponsored by twitter.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

No they aren't but they can use a #tag in there tweets for them both to see(linus and slick) and the viewers can also see the tweets that use the #tag

not bad not bad

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Not bad, but maybe not great either. I don't want to sound overly pessimistic, but my feedback would be that I get a kind of ad-feeling from those twitter banners. Personally I like it better when something is designed to fit in with the rest of the visual look, and I don't get that sense here (black banner with orange fonts made in paint just seems to be more in tune with the look of the "studio"). As for the twitter window, I think 1/3 (or 2/6 if you like) up might be a little dominating in the picture, and I don't know if the height/width ratios of the twitter window itself would work, but that one would be a little easier to judge if you just made it look the way it would and then do a side by side comparison ;)

Thank for the feedback looking at it again the twitter feed if a little to high I will bring that down and the other reason for making it was for there new studio. When they move in it will be there for them to be used. Also the reason behind putting on the twitter log so that they know it for twitter, cuz like some people might not know.

I don't think they're sponsored by twitter.

I agree. To much twitter.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I was thinking that it would be either @linustech and @SlickPC the two by them self or just the one #tag at the bottom. I used the twitter because this way viewers know.

I have made some revisions

2cb764cb3c45659ca77a732fdd2be1c8.png

OR

5beac4b937f8d432d226a3d53a20806b.png

And I also I have made the twitter feed shorter in hight and add the #LiveSteamName I don't know if I should leave that out just leave it.

3d4eae0c7246f21b0ff77e9a153a21d7.png

I don't like how you have the reflective part slicing through the text and the twitter logo in the nametags, it's distracting.  I also think it would be better to stay with a similar design to the youtube channel and forums so that things are more uniform.

Here are some suggestions of my own:

lowerthird.png

fullscreen.png

top.png

They probably all need more work but they're just idea's, any templates should also be modifiable to include a guest (or two) both in studio and via skype. Also they would need to be combined as well, like when they switch to the twitter feed, you don't necessarily want to lose your guests especially if they are going to be answering the questions. There's a lot of combinations that may potentially happen, I'm just too lazy to make screens for all of them :p

I agree with your idea that having a similar design to the forum I will make a new one that has a similar to the forum and in your first image I think instead of have bar above the "LinusTechTips" I think you should switch them so that the @linustech twitter is on the bottom and the "linusTechTips" is on top so that is not as distracting. Nice design also I like the idea have a frame with look at a build or news item.

looks really cool

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

More rough ideas. It needs something for twitter feed though.

rough2.png

rough3.png

rough3skype.png

I defenitely dig the first one. Looks very professional in my opinion and I thought that's the direction Linus Media Group want's to head towards.

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Asus Sabertooth Z77 - Intel Core i7 3770K - Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 MHz 8 GB

Yeah I like the professional look of the show name at the top. Looks quite classy.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

We need to get Linus and slick to give us there opinion because it is there show so they get final word.

It would be hard to get this "studio" because they are always on the move. The studio would be changed every livestream.

LinusTechTips Livestream ModTeam

BUILD - i7-3770K @4.7GHz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Dominator Platinum - CM Storm Trooper w/ side window - Asus Matrix HD7970 Platinum - Corsair HX1050 - CM Storm Quick Fire TK BLUE - Razer Ourobours - Custom Loop

I agree with that it should be redesigned.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

We need to get Linus and slick to give us there opinion because it is there show so they get final word.

Yea I wouldn't want to put in a bunch of time or effort into making a whole set of overlays when they wouldn't be looked at as an option.