Buying new PC Case

MNiyazi

Hi guys I'm planning to buy new pc case.

My question is will 4 fans stop psu overheating and will it reduce other components temperature. My case that I use now doesn't have any fans. I know I did something stupid.

Many PSU's have their own fans are are pretty self sufficient with regards to heat as long as you don't put them in upside down. (most have a fan on the bottom to draw cool air in).

When creating your airpath with your new case, make sure that cool air enters the front and bottom and exits the top and rear.  Ideal two ins and two outs if you are doing 4 fans, or 2 ins and 1 out if you are only doing three fans.

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

15 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

Many PSU's have their own fans are are pretty self sufficient with regards to heat as long as you don't put them in upside down. (most have a fan on the bottom to draw cool air in).

When creating your airpath with your new case, make sure that cool air enters the front and bottom and exits the top and rear.  Ideal two ins and two outs if you are doing 4 fans, or 2 ins and 1 out if you are only doing three fans.

My psu was overheating becouse it was in the top of the case (like most of the oldest cases)

I saw cases with 3 fans ins and 1 out. Is it good to use?

It will certainly be better than no fans at all.  Where is each fan located?  And which ones are in/out? (front top, rear middle, over CPU cooler, ect...)

17 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

It will certainly be better than no fans at all.  Where is each fan located?  And which ones are in/out? (front top, rear middle, over CPU cooler, ect...)

3 fans front (ins) and 1 fan rear (out)

4 minutes ago, MNiyazi said:

3 fans front (ins) and 1 fan rear (out)

I'm assuming there are grates/vents on other sides of the case then.  You should be fine.  Is the PSU on the top or bottom of the new case?

5 minutes ago, shoutingsteve said:

I'm assuming there are grates/vents on other sides of the case then.  You should be fine.  Is the PSU on the top or bottom of the new case?

Of course the bottom side. I'll never buy top mounted again

2 hours ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

Well....I'm not sure what your budget is, but, the "Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh" is one of the best cases on the market right now for keeping things nice and cool.  I've built in this chassis several times in recent months and I don't have anything bad to say about it.  Very good case....excellent cooling.  It sells for around $100 US.

Good luck!

~Billy G.

Capture.JPG

That's pretty good for only 100 bucks.

12 hours ago, BillyGoat1776 said:

Well....I'm not sure what your budget is, but, the "Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh" is one of the best cases on the market right now for keeping things nice and cool.  I've built in this chassis several times in recent months and I don't have anything bad to say about it.  Very good case....excellent cooling.  It sells for around $100 US.

Good luck!

~Billy G.

Capture.JPG

Ok thanks

-> Moved to Cases and Mods

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv