AMD FX-670K FX APU?

TOMPPIX

Tipsters pointed us to a peculiar sounding new processor by AMD in the wild, and being distributed by certain OEMs, such as HP. Called AMD FX-670K, the chip is being sold by HP, pre-installed on its Pavilion 500-266ea desktops. Some digging around on specifications available point us to a chip that's essentially "Richland" APU with its integrated GPU disabled. So while it will run on socket FM2 motherboards, you'll have to use graphics cards. "Richland" integrates a dual-module / quad-core CPU component based on AMD's "Piledriver" micro-architecture. The FX-670K features CPU clock speeds of up to 3.70 GHz. So why did AMD choose the FX branding and not Athlon X4, like it usually does with iGPU-devoid APUs? Perhaps the "K" brand extension holds the answer. The FX-670K features an unlocked base-clock multiplier. The HP Pavilion 500-266ea features a socket FM2 motherboard based on the AMD A75 chipset, and discrete AMD Radeon R7 240 graphics. It's priced at CA $650.

77a.jpg

SOURCE

This might be a good reason to buy AMD CPU/APUs after all.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

I'm really really really curious if they just have the igpu disabled or if they are blocked/cut on the silicon wafer itself. Would be really fun to unlock some 80-90$ chips and turn them into 180$ chips haha

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I'm really really really curious if they just have the igpu disabled or if they are blocked/cut on the silicon wafer itself. Would be really fun to unlock some 80-90$ chips and turn them into 180$ chips haha

Except it seems these are OEM exclusive.

So you'd have the buy the OEM system,and then buy a different FM2 motherboard since the one in the OEM system will, almost always, be bios locked to allow only the most basic changes.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Except it seems these are OEM exclusive.

So you'd have the buy the OEM system,and then buy a different FM2 motherboard since the one in the OEM system will, almost always, be bios locked to allow only the most basic changes.

Nah, flash a modded BIOS to that sumbitch lol

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

From reading the title I thought for a second that the FX series was moving to FM2, I'm kinda disappointed to be honest.

This is kind of weird my guess is that it's a rebranded Athlon 750k or 760k though.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|