[Question] How to make a vmdk in VMWARE (MAC OS)

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask, if somebody already done this, can you please teach me on how to do it properly, I watch a lot of youtube tutorials but seems to be failed at the end,

when i tried, it stuck on apple logo and nothing else, it freeze from that logo.

spacer.png

Thank you.

I’ve seen a recurring thing lately in some YouTube videos where they claim something is possible that actually isn’t.  It’s mostly been in games.  They do a demo of some boss or other using effectively ungettable equipment. Stuff that is higher tier than the boss and can’t be acquired before defeating it for example.  I don’t know if that is the situation here or not, but scriptkiddieing your way through might not work.  You might need to understand the background of what the person is doing.  This is an old old old thing.  Used to be kind of common in 15th and 16th century stuff.  Like a lot of bad practices it was eventually called out.  Surprising to see it coming back though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:05 AM, DarkHiro said:

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask, if somebody already done this, can you please teach me on how to do it properly, I watch a lot of youtube tutorials but seems to be failed at the end,

when i tried, it stuck on apple logo and nothing else, it freeze from that logo.

spacer.png

Thank you.

If you are using linux, try KVM and mac-os-simplekvm

On windows, you can even try a WSL2+KVM setup.

Try visiting Install MacOS Catalina On VMware On Windows PC - Geekrar and r/hackintosh

If you don't have a affection for vmware, I'd say use virtualbox. How to Install macOS in VirtualBox - Make Tech Easier

If you are using ESXi, may I suggest UNRAID?

On 2/28/2021 at 10:03 AM, Bombastinator said:

I’ve seen a recurring thing lately in some YouTube videos where they claim something is possible that actually isn’t.  It’s mostly been in games.  They do a demo of some boss or other using effectively ungettable equipment. Stuff that is higher tier than the boss and can’t be acquired before defeating it for example.  I don’t know if that is the situation here or not, but scriptkiddieing your way through might not work.  You might need to understand the background of what the person is doing.  This is an old old old thing.  Used to be kind of common in 15th and 16th century stuff.  Like a lot of bad practices it was eventually called out.  Surprising to see it coming back though.

I don't see that your advice could help me out of frustration i do knew how to run stuff but what i want in here is i don't want to run a premade MACOS.vmdk, i want to create it my self, tried several OS, windows and linux and android on vmware seems alright, it just my first interact with MAC OS, i guess i need to explore it my self, thanks for your nonsense comment anyway.

MacOS was originally a BSD called Darwin.  It’s migrated a good way since those days though. Iirc android was also originally based on Linux.  My comment was mostly that YouTube videos about tech sometimes can’t be trusted.  Something that may have been possible in the past may not be possible now.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, DarkHiro said:

I don't see that your advice could help me out of frustration i do knew how to run stuff but what i want in here is i don't want to run a premade MACOS.vmdk, i want to create it my self, tried several OS, windows and linux and android on vmware seems alright, it just my first interact with MAC OS, i guess i need to explore it my self, thanks for your nonsense comment anyway.

Are you using a .DMG for install OSX?