So, I have a very specific problem with Stereo Mix

dandeont

I have a usb headset that I use for my main input/output device in my main laptop, but I would like to duplicate the output and send it to my HDMI playback device that gets captured on another laptop that I use to stream. The thing is, that this does not work with Stereo Mix playing back through the HDMI device, since the main output is not the Realtek speakers/audio card, but rather the USB headset. It works when I have the speakers as the output or if I plug in some device in the headphone jack, but my USB headphones are good; I would rather avoid buying some expensive (good quality) 3.5mm headphones just to solve this issue

The only way I have gotten this to work is with OBS: I set up the desktop audio to my headphones and then I monitor that out to my HDMI device, however, having OBS open on the background is way too taxing on my hardware while playing games.

Is there any way of configuring Stereo Mix to listen to my USB headphone audio instead of my speakers audio?
Or is there any not-so-taxing software that would do the same that OBS does?

Pics bellow for reference (The last one is on the audio settings for OBS, this works, but as I said, it's a big FPS drop if I do this)

image.png.18b8ee6a8b0a12b7abdd00de5db92e94.pngimage.png.ca19df1578a4cfa424f9ea041f96fd3f.pngimage.png.79f3c71282de1421755df9c536ef7a36.png

Should be do able with software called voicemeeter banana

Its a bit fiderly to set up would take a few youtube videos to work out but its do able.