10700K OC + RTX 3080 not giving more FPS on Warzone

1 minute ago, aeskt said:

Do you know where is that HT option on MSI boards? and cache is ring ratio?

No I am not familiar, but look in cpu settings. May not be in the OC settings menu.

And yes, ring is cahce. Reads as "Uncore" ratio. It's currently at 4.3ghz.

You may or may not need additional ring voltage. If there is not a sperate voltage for ring, Increase v-core for stability

44 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

It bounced below 120fps a few times and bounced above to 220fps a few times.

it definitely has some weird drops, yeah... I get everything between 170 and 100 (or 90) lol 

But, what's weird if I lock my framerate to 120 it stays there even during fights... 

That said I didn't play much yet, I don't know if other areas are worse, which is possible. 

53 minutes ago, aeskt said:

With that setup in your profile

yeah. but that's max, not average... I don't really care for average, I always aim to have *stable* fps, and 120 works just fine as said above when I lock it there, but 165-170 is what I get most of the time, with random drops to whatever lol, so yeah I'm talking max, that's the potential that's there, everything lower is bad optimization obviously. (or maybe that's how unlocked framerates work, I don't know, it's not my thing) 

26 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Then you've got the ones like TheSpyHood which is just some dude replaying the same gameplay videos over and over again with made up numbers on top.

Yeap that's how a lot of those videos get made and people fall for it all the time "why is my card 'underperforming' I saw it on youtube!?"  🤷🏼

13 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

One way you can get more performance is by disable the HT and increase Cache to 4.7ghz+. 

There's always tricks to get more performance - although I didn't understand a thing of what you just said... my fav is 'just hack the ini' (which isn't really an option with battle net games afaik) 

oh hyper threading? but I think it's using the cores pretty equally (didn't pay much attention to that tho) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

There's always tricks to get more performance - although I didn't understand a thing of what you just said... my fav is 'just hack the ini' (which isn't really an option with battle net games afaik) 

oh hyper threading? but I think it's using the cores pretty equally (didn't pay much attention to that tho) 

That's because you are AMD owner in Intel owner's thread lol. HT is Intel's copy write name for Simultaneous Multithreading which is the general term for running an additional thread in one clock cycle. For an Intel processor doing this, Intel's method cuts in on single core performance more so than AMD's version SMT.

The Intel Cache can be overclocked for additional performance. It is sometimes called "Ring Ratio" and in software "Uncore ratio". 

Hope this helps.

3 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

it definitely has some weird drops, yeah... I get everything between 170 and 100 (or 90) lol 

But, what's weird if I lock my framerate to 120 it stays there even during fights... 

That said I didn't play much yet, I don't know if other areas are worse, which is possible. 

yeah. but that's max, not average... I don't really care for average, I always aim to have *stable* fps, and 120 works just fine as said above when I lock it there, but 165-170 is what I get most of the time, with random drops to whatever lol, so yeah I'm talking max, that's the potential that's there, everything lower is bad optimization obviously. (or maybe that's how unlocked framerates work, I don't know, it's not my thing) 

Yeap that's how a lot of those videos get made and people fall for it all the time "why is my card 'underperforming' I saw it on youtube!?"  🤷🏼

Some games don't like hyperthreading and gain from disabling it. There are more that gain from it than lose, so usually leaving it on is better.

Cache frequency is part of the uncore/system agent/memory system.

I have my core at 50x, and cache at 47x.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

16 minutes ago, aeskt said:

Do you know where is that HT option on MSI boards? and cache is ring ratio?

just joining in on the fun, also at 250w my gpu was 75th percentile, i upped it to 325w and it ended up being 91st percentile, when we are dealing with the same gpus, the inefficient ocs ends up on top. My gpu is launch version that's a bad ocer. I'd check your afterburner power limit just in case, but it's likely a 3-5% diff on ampere.

Cache is ring, 48 will most likely work, if that fails then 47 will. You likely have a very good bin on your cpu btw.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/40377530

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

6 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Some games don't like hyperthreading and gain from disabling it. There are more that gain from it than lose, so usually leaving it on is better.

Cache frequency is part of the uncore/system agent/memory system.

I have my core at 50x, and cache at 47x.

ah, okay that makes sense I guess - yeah I didn't play much with cpu settings at all, my mobo is very fickle, best to not go into bios at all (it's been years lol) 😂 

7 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

That's because you are AMD owner in Intel owner's thread lol. HT is Intel's copy write name for Simultaneous Multithreading which is the general term for running an additional thread in one clock cycle. For an Intel processor doing this, Intel's method cuts in on single core performance more so than AMD's version SMT.

The Intel Cache can be overclocked for additional performance. It is sometimes called "Ring Ratio" and in software "Uncore ratio". 

Alright, thanks for the explanation... well my 'overclocking' endeavors in Intel land are limited, if you wanna call setting the voltage to - 50 in XTU overclocking. 😅

which works great in benchmarks, Monster Hunter World hates it though... so back to 85C+ while gaming on my laptop lol... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

ah, okay that makes sense I guess - yeah I didn't play much with cpu settings at all, my mobo is very fickle, best to not go into bios at all (it's been years lol) 😂 

The System Agent voltage on an Intel platform is the Memory controller voltage. 

Vccio is In/Out pin voltage. 

Cache is Cpu Cache, loaded from System memory.

OC memory, Cpu core and Cache and Intel can really muster up good performance over default settings. 

Hey guys, I'm getting more FPS, like 155 - 180 fps, even in downtown (of coursse there are a few weird fps drops). So I disabled nvidia filters (I use them to sharpen borders and see better), that didn't give me more FPS, but look like it's more stable now, no to many drops.. but I'm not sure yet. What I changed is, in the adv_options.ini the propperty VideoMemoryScale from 0.85 (default) to 1.0. In the gulag i'm getting like 10 - 20 FPS more.. WTF

I will try to overclock cache and GPU next, will see.

1 minute ago, aeskt said:

What I changed is, in de adv_options.ini the propperty VideoMemoryScale from 0.85 (default) to 1.0. In the gulag i'm getting like 10 - 20 FPS more.. WTF

lol u hacked the ini! watch out for Blizzards.. ~

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

OC memory, Cpu core and Cache and Intel can really muster up good performance over default settings. 

yeah, I'm going to build an Intel with spare parts - I only need a mobo and a cpu - well actually I'll put the Intel in my current pc with the 3070 and the Ryzen goes into a "streaming pc" with a gtx 1060...

10700k is what I chose... 

Screenshot_20210228-062628_Gallery.thumb.jpg.50476e2b48695b236f8b1df019f715af.jpg

that price difference 🧐

it's cheap it has 8 cores and is almost as fast as twice expensive ryzen lol... and I'm fairly certain overclocking is easier and gives better results too... ryzen is a new'ish platform with a lot of bugs and info is hard to get. 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, I'm going to build an Intel with spare parts - I only need a mobo and a cpu - well actually I'll put the Intel in my current pc with the 3070 and the Ryzen goes into a "streaming pc" with a gtx 1060...

10700k is what I chose... 

Screenshot_20210228-062628_Gallery.thumb.jpg.50476e2b48695b236f8b1df019f715af.jpg

that price difference 🧐

it's cheap it has 8 cores and is almost as fast as twice expensive ryzen lol... and I'm fairly certain overclocking is easier and gives better results too... ryzen is a new'ish platform with a lot of bugs and info is hard to get. 

I had a 3700x and a 5800x... I had problems with both, I had a really frustrated experience with AMD. Back to intel I'm enying this now

BIG UPDATE. I'm getting 165 - 185 fps in downtown now. In some areas I get 190 - 225 FPS. And in the gulag I get 200 - 240... I really can't believe this, I change ring ratio from 4.3 (default) to 4.7 now. Did I get a golden binned 10700k? I will do more tests, but temperatures are very good and VCORE is still in 1.250v.

2 minutes ago, aeskt said:

BIG UPDATE. I'm getting 165 - 185 fps in downtown now. In some areas I get 190 - 225 FPS. And in the gulag I get 200 - 240... I really can't believe this, I change ring ratio from 4.3 (default) to 4.7 now. Did I get a golden binned 10700k? I will do more tests, but temperatures are very good and VCORE is still in 1.250v.

Golden Bin? I'm not sure about all that.... lol. 

At least your getting some better performance, that's good to hear 🙂

9 minutes ago, aeskt said:

there are some 10700k that won't hit 5.1 at all, if you are sure that the 1.25v is vcore under load and not just vid then it could be a golden chip (you gotta optimize it further and see how low the voltage and go first, or u can just stay where you are if you are happy it's stable. It's at the very least a top 10% chip, I'd go for 4.8 cache next  (i'm running mine at 5.0), as long as it's under the actual core clock it can be stable, if it's unstable just dial it back. 10700k doesn't have the meltdown nerfs like the previous 14nm chips. Enjoy.

5950x 1.33v 5.05 4.5 88C 195w ll R20 12k ll drp4 ll x570 dark hero ll gskill 4x8gb 3666 14-14-14-32-320-24-2T (zen trfc)  1.45v 45C 1.15v soc ll 6950xt gaming x trio 325w 60C ll samsung 970 500gb nvme os ll sandisk 4tb ssd ll 6x nf12/14 ippc fans ll tt gt10 case ll evga g2 1300w ll w10 pro ll 34GN850B ll AW3423DW

9900k 1.36v 5.1avx 4.9ring 85C 195w (daily) 1.02v 4.3ghz 80w 50C R20 temps score=5500 ll D15 ll Z390 taichi ult 1.60 bios ll gskill 4x8gb 14-14-14-30-280-20 ddr3666bdie 1.45v 45C 1.22sa/1.18 io  ll EVGA 30 non90 tie ftw3 1920//10000 0.85v 300w 71C ll  6x nf14 ippc 2000rpm ll 500gb nvme 970 evo ll l sandisk 4tb sata ssd +4tb exssd backup ll 2x 500gb samsung 970 evo raid 0 llCorsair graphite 780T ll EVGA P2 1200w ll w10p ll NEC PA241w ll pa32ucg-k

prebuilt 5800 stock ll 2x8gb ddr4 cl17 3466 ll oem 3080 0.85v 1890//10000 290w 74C ll 27gl850b ll pa272w ll w11

5 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Golden Bin? I'm not sure about all that.... lol. 

At least your getting some better performance, that's good to hear 🙂

haha sorry, working on my english. "Binning gold" right?

Just now, aeskt said:

haha sorry, working on my english. "Binning gold" right?

Your English is good.

Binning would be picking the fastest chip out of a large number tested. 

Due to the nature of the 14nm processor Die, so far you're at average OC clocks.

1 minute ago, xg32 said:

there are some 10700k that won't hit 5.1 at all, if you are sure that the 1.25v is vcore under load and not just vid then it could be a golden chip (you gotta optimize it further and see how low the voltage and go first, or u can just stay where you are if you are happy it's stable. It's at the very least a top 10% chip, I'd go for 4.8 cache next. 10700k doesn't have the meltdown nerfs like the previous 14nm chips. Enjoy.

What should I do to test this? I will run cinebench r20, r23, r15, r15 extreme, intelBurnTest

I found that Warzone is a very good stress test. I learned that trying to fix the 5800x crap I got

3 minutes ago, aeskt said:

What should I do to test this? I will run cinebench r20, r23, r15, r15 extreme, intelBurnTest

I found that Warzone is a very good stress test. I learned that trying to fix the 5800x crap I got

Play warzone then. It's pretty realistic stress testing. Synthetics are good for measuring max thermal dissipation rates.

8 hours ago, aeskt said:

found that Warzone is a very good stress test. I learned that trying to fix the 5800x crap I got

playing the games you play is always a good test, especially for stability, synthetic benchmarks often have weird workloads and don't necessarily translate well into 'real world' applications... as for Warzone, I dunno, it's probably pretty good, Monster Hunter World maxed out uses moar powa tho (up to 270w on my gpu, warzone is at conservative 220-250w, although without raytracing) 

For general stability I found Rise Of The Tomb Raider is good, that game is finicky as heck with overclocks. 🤔

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, xg32 said:

there are some 10700k that won't hit 5.1 at all, if you are sure that the 1.25v is vcore under load and not just vid then it could be a golden chip (you gotta optimize it further and see how low the voltage and go first, or u can just stay where you are if you are happy it's stable. It's at the very least a top 10% chip, I'd go for 4.8 cache next  (i'm running mine at 5.0), as long as it's under the actual core clock it can be stable, if it's unstable just dial it back. 10700k doesn't have the meltdown nerfs like the previous 14nm chips. Enjoy.

This is another reason I'm considering upgrading - I updated my bios recently and lost ANOTHER 2% scores in benchmarks on top of the last round, and I'm certain it's gotten slower.

Was on F12c and now F15.

OP for stress I like Asus realbench.

Most cpu only tests don't take into account the volcano 3080 and realbench stresses both components. It's in my opinion the best real world test.

I get worse temperatures with RB than with CB - because of all 340+w of GPU heat.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Hello. 
I just watched this, and find this very interesting, I don't know if this will help you in any way, but it's not just Ryzen this worked on. It also worked on Intel as she says. 

2 hours ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

Hello. 
I just watched this, and find this very interesting, I don't know if this will help you in any way, but it's not just Ryzen this worked on. It also worked on Intel as she says. 

I looked at mine and it was set to 4?

not even sure why lol

I changed it to 6.....idk if its any better. Honestly I don't play the game so even going in to look before/after doesn't really seem to be enough data to draw any conclusion. 

But thanks for the video - OP seems to have solved it by "hacking the .ini" as @Mark Kainepointed out lol

21 hours ago, LazyTurtle1990 said:

Hello. 

I did that a few weeks ago but no improvements for me. Changing the other property I've mention did the difference.

I played warzone like 4 hours yesterday, I played Apex legends too, many matches so seems stable.

I will try to overclock my GPU, push ring core from 4.7 to 4.8 and see if this 10700k can undervolt more.