power suply started to buzz/hiss today

GeneralBear

my psu started to buzz/hiss today and when playing games system will randomly shut off ive had the sistem for almost 2 years just started doing it today the psu is a thermaltake tr2 600w.

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Sounds like the power supply could be going out, too much load and it starts to whine trying to output power. Any other PSU you can try to use on it?

my psu started to buzz/hiss today and when playing games system will randomly shut off ive had the sistem for almost 2 years just started doing it today the psu is a thermaltake tr2 600w.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/power-supply-test-multimeter.htm

I remember people on NCIX trying to help me do this but I ended up being too afraid to deal with it and have never used my multimeter. LOL

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

yep triyed my old fsp group psu it works but only a 500w unplugged a few hardrives and put in my spare 7850 as its lower power draw then my 560ti will have to work untill i can get a new psu. looking at the corsair rm 860

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

yep triyed my old fsp group psu it works but only a 500w unplugged a few hardrives and put in my spare 7850 as its lower power draw then my 560ti will have to work untill i can get a new psu. looking at the corsair rm 860

When you look for reliable look to Antec and Seasonic. I don't know why I hear so many people buying Corsair lately?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/power-supply-test-multimeter.htm

I remember people on NCIX trying to help me do this but I ended up being too afraid to deal with it and have never used my multimeter. LOL

ive done this with old psus back in the day ill have to get the fatherinlaws multi meater i havent got one sence i moved out of my parents

When you look for reliable look to Antec and Seasonic. I don't know why I hear so many people buying Corsair lately?

i like them flat cables they have mainly and seasonic makes corsair psus i thought their just rebrands

plus the company i get my parts threw memoryexpress.com dosent have seasonic. i like them because its only a 2 hour drive to their store or 8.99 faltrate shipping and their warentie is great (forgot to get their extra warentee for my psu)

have a new one nearby..

about the 3 year mark they coincidently show symptoms of age in my IT Service experience.

the last thing you want is to have it exploded while your PC is left on with no one home.

have a new one nearby..

about the 3 year mark they coincidently show symptoms of age in my IT Service experience.

the last thing you want is to have it exploded while your PC is left on with no one home.

is it worth trying to rma to thermaltake trhey clame 5 year warentiee but i dont got box or anything

is it worth trying to rma to thermaltake trhey clame 5 year warentiee but i dont got box or anything

For a 45$ psu? No.. Just get a quality psu this time like seasonic, no cheap ones 

For a 45$ psu? No.. Just get a quality psu this time like seasonic, no cheap ones 

@GeneralBear 

It'll probably cost you like 20$ to ship it back to them anyways, you're probably better off buying a new one.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

yeah buy a new one.. the logistical cost is not worth it

dont risk it with dodgy electrical goods

what powersuplys besides corsair have them flat all black cables?

GeneralBear, on 25 Mar 2014 - 01:26 AM, said:

what powersuplys besides corsair have them flat all black cables?

Cooler Master V series. They are all Seasonic unit.