acer predator helios 300 bsod to no boot device detected

cheif_plague

Laptop works fine until I start playing games then it bsods to whea uncorrectable error sometimes kernel data inpage error and then shows no bootable device. If I let it stay off for 5-10 min then try starting it , it will start completely fine , also when it shows no bootable drive my windows ssd is not detected in bios , I have 2 nvme ssds , in bios the other one shows as hdd0 and my windows one shows as hdd1
Things I've done - chkdsk , sfc /scannow , reset with files , DISM restore health , intel cpu diagnostic , checked SSD with sea tools shows 92% health also ran memory test nothing has helped please help aslo I don't get any dump files whatsoever I've tried everything to get dumps to work but it just won't.

I know this may not be what you want to hear but if you're able to get your key before another shutdown maybe try a fresh install of windows and use your existing MS account/product key. BSOD could come from a number of things but if you're gaming it could mainly be a overvolt issue that causes the crash or a larger than normal drain on its systems. very similar to an issue I had on my old rog rig where I slapped in a new 1660super and it proceeded to BSOD in nearly everything I did until I replaced its power supply. Another thing is try to limit its power in your settings. Anti Aliasing, Shadows SSAO, and resolution all play vital parts in speeding or slowing of the initial parts.  

1 hour ago, cheif_plague said:

Laptop works fine until I start playing games then it bsods to whea uncorrectable error sometimes kernel data inpage error and then shows no bootable device. If I let it stay off for 5-10 min then try starting it , it will start completely fine , also when it shows no bootable drive my windows ssd is not detected in bios , I have 2 nvme ssds , in bios the other one shows as hdd0 and my windows one shows as hdd1
Things I've done - chkdsk , sfc /scannow , reset with files , DISM restore health , intel cpu diagnostic , checked SSD with sea tools shows 92% health also ran memory test nothing has helped please help aslo I don't get any dump files whatsoever I've tried everything to get dumps to work but it just won't.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 3:13 PM, Chris Greene said:

I know this may not be what you want to hear but if you're able to get your key before another shutdown maybe try a fresh install of windows and use your existing MS account/product key. BSOD could come from a number of things but if you're gaming it could mainly be a overvolt issue that causes the crash or a larger than normal drain on its systems. very similar to an issue I had on my old rog rig where I slapped in a new 1660super and it proceeded to BSOD in nearly everything I did until I replaced its power supply. Another thing is try to limit its power in your settings. Anti Aliasing, Shadows SSAO, and resolution all play vital parts in speeding or slowing of the initial parts.  

Ive already tried reset with files , without files and a clean Install 

• 1 month later...

It sounds like the ssd that has your Windows installation might be overheating. It would explain why you have to wait for 5-10 minutes before you restart(it's cooling down). As a Helios 300 owner myself, I know these laptops get HOT when playing games. You should invest in a good cooling pad, ideally one with its own power supply. You should also consider getting a new ssd. Even if the cooling pad solves the problem, there's definitely something wrong with your ssd, and if heat is the problem, the repeated overheating will have undoubtedly shortened the drive's lifespan.