second m.2 drive not showing up in bios or windows

chimimoryo

I have a second problem with my new build, the second nvme drive doesn't show up anywhere. And I've tripled checked to see if it is installed correctly.

edit

I have an asus crosshair viii with a Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB as the primary m.2 and a Sabrent Rocket Q 2 TB in the secondary slot

2 hours ago, chimimoryo said:

I have a second problem with my new build, the second nvme drive doesn't show up anywhere. And I've tripled checked to see if it is installed correctly.

edit

I have an asus crosshair viii with a Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB as the primary m.2 and a Sabrent Rocket Q 2 TB in the secondary slot

Have you activated the new NVME through Partition via Windows through the search setting simply by typing "Part" in the search bar youll then see "Create and Format Hard disk Partitions" through there it should register your new NVME as "Un-Allocated Space X gb/tb" right click that and create a new simple volume if that didnt work along with checking in your bios for your NVME listed in the device boot menu it should at least register. Quite odd.

1 hour ago, Chris Greene said:

Have you activated the new NVME through Partition via Windows through the search setting simply by typing "Part" in the search bar youll then see "Create and Format Hard disk Partitions" through there it should register your new NVME as "Un-Allocated Space X gb/tb" right click that and create a new simple volume if that didnt work along with checking in your bios for your NVME listed in the device boot menu it should at least register. Quite odd.

I guess it takes a 4th time. I resat it again one more time, and lo and behold, it was found. Thanks for your suggestion though

Just now, chimimoryo said:

I guess it takes a 4th time. I resat it again one more time, and lo and behold, it was found. Thanks for your suggestion though

Awesome! I'm happy that it worked for you and you had the patience to see it through, and no worries I did the same thing with my NVME when I bought it had to format it for NTFS hence my suggestion, anyhow take care.