My first pc

DomRosa

Budget (including currency): 4,000 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: RAINBOW SIX SIEGE, elite dangerous, besiege, cod, Microsoft plane simulator, assassins creed, building and rendering speaker designs.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thoft/saved/VMprvK

this will be my first pc. I have the aio cooler, an m.2 ssd, psu, and the case. At some point would run two monitors and sli but by then I would probably be upgrading cpu and mobo. Slowly buying parts and putting it together. Trying to get at least 60fps at 4k

6 minutes ago, DomRosa said:

Budget (including currency): 4,000 usd

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: RAINBOW SIX SIEGE, elite dangerous, besiege, cod, Microsoft plane simulator, assassins creed, building and rendering speaker designs.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Thoft/saved/VMprvK

this will be my first pc. I have the aio cooler, an m.2 ssd, psu, and the case. At some point would run two monitors and sli but by then I would probably be upgrading cpu and mobo. Slowly buying parts and putting it together. Trying to get at least 60fps at 4k

Can you detail what you already have? Does your budget include those components or no? Do you want to pay scalper prices for things like the CPU and GPU or would you rather wait for prices to calm down (could be 8+ months) 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

33 minutes ago, DomRosa said:

At some point would run two monitors and sli but by then I would probably be upgrading cpu and mobo.

SLI is dead.

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

If you have to buy now.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($449.00 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MEG B550 UNIFY ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($289.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($159.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($229.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: PNY GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB XLR8 Gaming EPIC-X RGB Video Card  ($2149.99 @ Adorama) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($139.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3653.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-26 20:45 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Can you detail what you already have? Does your budget include those components or no? Do you want to pay scalper prices for things like the CPU and GPU or would you rather wait for prices to calm down (could be 8+ months) gpu I’d be waiting for. So far I see no supply issues with all of the parts I have listed besides the gpu

image.jpg