Need suggestions on custom loop build

dev1791

Hi,
I have an RTX 3080 and an I7-9700k.

My GPU is currently air cooled and the CPU is using an AIO from Corsair.

I have been planning on upgrading to a custom loop using Corsair Hydro X - both CPU and GPU.

I wanted to know if it’s sufficient to be using 2 x 280mm radiators for cooling.
The plan is to have one 280mm rad at the top as an exhaust. And another 280mm rad at the bottom as an intake.

I have a Corsair 680x case, which already has 3 x QL120 intake fans at the front, and 1 x QL140 exhaust fan at the back.

I haven't been paying much attention to the newer products since my build and I'm no master personally but I've been watching lots of water-cooling videos over the years. I also have a corsair H115i for my 7700k. If the 9700k can get as hot as the 7700k when overclocked, you'll probably want more. I have the NZXT h440 case with a strix rx480. During my ultimate stress test and figuring out good OCs, that card blew a fair amount of hot air but kept steady, the CPU was getting toasty. In the end my case turned into a test bench. The more heat that can be extracted from the top (exhaust)  rad, the better. My OC for 7700k was 5.2GHz with my card breaking the charts of the ASUS software, one of the highest scores I could find, so they were PUMPING heat, keep in mind.

I see you can do a 360 in the front, I would suggest that, or thicc radiators. I would do your 2 x 280 if you could put another as an exhaust in top back? My computer can heat up my room easily pushing the CPU and to have that air blowing into the case makes me cringe. Just my thoughts, im no pro.