What specs should I use to build my (BUDGET) PC...

beanos

So for the past 6 years I've been playing games on laptops and only had 2 because I put a magnet over the hardrive on my old one but now I want to play games with better FPS and performance overall but I also don't want to buy $1,000+ USD for a PC because I don't have that money and my mom wouldn't agree to help me pay it a single bit... The games I would

play would be like Minecraft, Garry's Mod, and maybe Fallout 4

Budget: $800 USD

My current laptop specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 

Vega 8 Mobile

8GB Ram

256GB SSD 

and I play Minecraft and Garry's Mod often, Fallout 4 when I feel like over heating my laptop hot enough to cook a steak on it and getting 20-35 FPS

What's your actual budget then? Cant really help until you provide that and your country.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃

1 minute ago, UpTheDons said:

What's your actual budget then? Cant really help until you provide that and your country.

My budget is max $800 USD I'm in the U.S.

Just now, beanos said:

My budget is max $800 USD I'm in the U.S.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTXBJf

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ Best Buy) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($79.95 @ B&H) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.98 @ Amazon) 
Total: $618.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-25 11:39 EST-0500

Left some money so you can try and pick up a used RX570 or 580, these tend to go for around $100-150 used but can depend on your area of course. Pretty much all GPU stock is non-existent at the moment so second hand is really the only option if you want to buy now. You could wait for stock and prices to start returning to normal, although no indication on when this is going to happen. I guess if you can deal with your laptop a little longer (which doesn't look terrible) you can get a new card.

JOIN THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19 BY RUNNING FOLDING AT HOME!!

have a look at the thread below if your interested:

Home gaming and general work rig: CPU: 2700x with stock cooler Ram: Corsair vengeance pro RGB 16gb GPU: RX570 4GB (upgrading soon) Storage: 1x 500gb crucial SSD + 1tb HDD Mobo: B450-F gaming PSU: Corsair rmx550Case: Corsair 275R

F@H rig (In office and used for work too) CPU: 3600 Ram: Viper 16gb ram Mobo: B550-Tomahawk GPU's 1x 2080 super 1x 2060 super Storage: SN750 1tb Case: PC 011 Air PSU: Corsair RM850 Fans: 6x Noctua NF-12

Remember to quote me so I can see your reply!

Always Reply with a question if you have one! 😃