Help Me Getting A Better Gaming Experience.

Isaac Foster

Hi guys, i got a modem, yes a modem. Not an Fiber Optic Internet, why didn't i use Fiber Optic internet, well it's slow as sh*t in my country and they are expensive ass hell. like 8 Mbps for 20$/Month?!

me and my family switched to modem. Well it serve us well but not in every parts! Gaming is the part that the modem didn't serve us well.  Like i got 66 Mbps Download and around 11Mbps Upload, but, we are still getting THE SAME PING OR EVEN MORE THAN MY OLD FIBER OPTIC WIFI! I searched for an option, i buy an antenna and it decreased the Ping from 390~ to 340~. thats good for me. But in the game i asked people like "what pings are you getting?" they said 32ms, 56ms, 70ms. Maybe they live near the server. But still i tried everything. Windows QoS, Changing APN, Buying an Gigabit LAN. they did almost NOTHING! i hope there is any solution left i can try. I wanna experience the low ping, i wanna live like a Youtuber, 10 Gigabits wi-fi! but i am not in a castle or something like that, me and my family are normal, between rich and poor. I cannot do anything than wait till the price of a Fiber Optic Connection getting lower which takes years. So if you guys have any solutions to reduce my ms please Reply. I did 2 Topic an no one Reply. So please help me.

Sounds like the internet in your country just has poor ping. I am lucky to have cheap and good internet in my country, to the point that I live in Europe and I have ~30-60 ping if the server is in a country near me and ~100-200 if the server is from the US.

Let's clarify a few things because from a network perspective, some things you're saying aren't making a ton of sense. I realize it may just be not a lot of knowledge in networking basics so lets clear some stuff up.

I'm going to try to determine what kind of internet you have and how exactly its hooked up. You've said "a modem". Well, unfortunately, a modem as a descriptor doesn't really tell us a whole lot. 

This modem, do you know the manufacturer and if possible the model number? 

I'm going to assume some type of wire comes into your home and connects to this modem. From this modem, can you describe how you get internet to your computer? A wire of some sort? Wifi? 

We'll start there.

You also mention "Fiber Optic Wifi" being your old connection. Well for one, that's not possible. Fiber optics is not wireless and wifi is but we'll get to that later. 

"Fiber Optic Wifi" i know its wired from the provider, the wifi i mean is the connection from router to my PC. The modem is Huawei B312-926 not bad actually for the price. but its my 2 months saving and it's the same thing as my old Fiber Optic Connection. lol

7 hours ago, ItzMadMan said:

Huawei B312-926

20 hours ago, ItzMadMan said:

Changing APN

Are you connecting to a 4G/LTE cellular network to get internet? If you are, then high ping is a side effect of using cellular networks.

Sorry. The only way to fix that is to get an internet connection that is directly wired to the ISP.