Missing notification

Moonzy
On 3/11/2021 at 7:49 AM, PianoPlayer88Key said:

Ahh, guess I still need to figure it out then.  I just got notified that someone commented on a post .... and it turns out:

• The topic is almost 5 years old (from July 2016, link goes to their reply)
  • I wasn't the topic starter (although I had participated in it),
  • they weren't replying directly to me, nor quoting me.  (They quoted someone else.)

I'd like to figure out how to set it up so that if I start a topic, I get pretty much all notifications for that topic (unless I turn them off, or it's faster than a certain pace, like some very popular / hot topics can get),

but if I didn't start the topic, I get notified only if someone @ 's or quotes me.  (also I wish this loading circle when I type @ and space wouldn't stick around.)

I looked at that followed content link again ... the top 2 - auto-following new content I post, vs reply to ... if I have new content checked, and reply unchecked, should that have proper behavior?
And as for individual topics/posts/etc, I'd guess I still get notified if someone at's or quotes me...

Your notification settings for that topic were "send a notification immediately whenever someone replies", so that looks right to me. To get the settings that you want, you should set it up like this:

image.png

image.png

HTTP/2 203

20 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Follow notifications are lagging again... RIP.

They shouldn't be. What notification, and how late was it or did it just never arrive?

HTTP/2 203

2 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

They shouldn't be. What notification, and how late was it or did it just never arrive?

some SU replies on SU i posted are slightly delayed (about few seconds or so, after i finish loading the page and see a new reply, the notif will come in slightly later)

i assume that's normal, caching and what not.

no major lag from my side, not too sure about missing notif, haven't noticed any so far

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I follow @Arika S and while I can see they posted on some topics I have no notifications from them.

elephants

3 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

I follow @Arika S and while I can see they posted on some topics I have no notifications from them.

You opted out of all content types in the follow menu for them.

HTTP/2 203

Just now, colonel_mortis said:

You opted out of all content types in the follow menu for them.

Went to check and I did, oops!
I had it enabled for everything but I guess I switched it at some point and forgot.

elephants