Pc will not turn on

Thaydel

I just finished a pc build and when I pressed the power button nothing happened. The motherboard leds and the graphics card leds light up when the power supply is on, but when the power button is pressed nothing happens. No fans spin or light up. I’ve already tried using a screwdriver to start the pc and I don’t have a reset switch to swap with the power switch. Please help

Did you plug in your 24 pin connector and your 8 pin CPU connector?

Quote or tag me( @SEAL62 ) if you want me to see your reply

consider a reaction if I was funny, informative, helpful, or agreeable

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

3 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

Did you plug in your 24 pin connector and your 8 pin CPU connector?

Yes I did

Does your mobo have any speaker that would provide a beep pattern that could indicate what the problem is?

CPU: Intel i9-9900K GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX 3080 Master Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
AIO: Corsair H150i RGB Platinum RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3000MHz Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB PSU: Corsair RM750x White

HP Envy x360 Convertible

CPU: Intel i5-10210U GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX250 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666 SSD: 512GB PCIe

9 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

Does your mobo have any speaker that would provide a beep pattern that could indicate what the problem is?

I’m not sure it was refurbished so I never got a manual. It’s a ROG Strix Z270E if you know

Hm, the mobo does have pins for a speaker but there's probably none attached.

Hard to say with these little information, could be a CPU issue or have something to do with the PSU.

Do you have spare RAm to test if that is ok? Or onboard graphics to see if your GPU may cause the problem?

HP Envy x360 Convertible

14 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

Hm, the mobo does have pins for a speaker but there's probably none attached.

Hard to say with these little information, could be a CPU issue or have something to do with the PSU.

Do you have spare RAm to test if that is ok? Or onboard graphics to see if your GPU may cause the problem?

Unfortunately no I’m thinking of just taking it to a repair shop to see if maybe someone can help in person

Just now, Thaydel said:

Unfortunately no I’m thinking of just taking it to a repair shop to see if maybe someone can help in person

sounds liek a good idea but check reviews of those repair shops first so you won't get scammed by someone who thinks that people who don't know everything about tech are easy earned money.

HP Envy x360 Convertible

7 minutes ago, SEAL62 said:

sounds liek a good idea but check reviews of those repair shops first so you won't get scammed by someone who thinks that people who don't know everything about tech are easy earned money.

Alright thanks for the help 🙂

No problem 🙂 Sorry I couldn't do more.

I would be very happy if you would react to some of my posts (Like/Agree something like that) and/or mark one as the answer to your question.

HP Envy x360 Convertible