Can you use two m.2 nvme ssd?

Klksyge

Hi everyone.I'm building my first pc right now.Technically im just changing my old pc piece by piece and right now im using one 2 tb harddrive and one 256 gb 2.5" ssd.I thought about getting two nvme ssds and removing the hdd bay and the cd-rom that i got for some reason for a neater look.But i read somewhere that adding two nvme ssds may cause problem or one may be restricted by the motherboard because two slots doesn't have the same bandwith.I have TUF gaming x570 plus as a motherboard and i couldn't find anything on the matter.İm planning on using one for windows and other applications and one for gaming so as long as the boot drive doesn't get too screwed i don't mind sacrificing a bit performance for the sake of neater look.Thanks for your help.

Yes you can if your motherboard has it.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yes you can if your motherboard has it.

Most ROG mobos have it.

Dream build:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-10600K | GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE | Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L| RGB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro  16GB (2x8) CL18 3600MHz |

Intel 660P 512GB NVMe | Kingston A400 SSDNow 480GB 2.5" | WD "Caviar" Blue 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" | MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ | THERMALTAKE RGB H200 USB 3.0 |

Peripherals:

Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro

Monitors:

(1) LG 27'" 27Gl650F-B 144hz 1ms IPS G-Sync Pivot 3

(2) Acer Predator XB241YUbmiprz 23.8" 144Hz 1ms G-Sync

Headset:

Kingston HyperX HX-HSCSC2-BK-WW Cloud Stinger Core 

Just now, cottechguy said:

Most ROG mobos have it.

well most non ROG also has it, you can't use the branding to identify the features.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

16 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

yes you can

Well, If you are staying behind your words you should probably give us a reason why are you right and he is wrong.

Facts, examples?

Ryzen 5 5600x | Gainward RTX 3060 Ti | 2x16GB 3200MHz | Samsung 980 1TB | 1 TB WD Blue | 120GB A400 Kingston Gigabyte M2 NVME 512GB  | BeQuite Straight Power11 80+ Gold 750W

2 minutes ago, Sima01 said:

Well, If you are staying behind your words you should probably give us a reason why are you right and he is wrong.

Facts, examples?

i didn't say anyone was wrong.

and a simple look at asus' page for the motherboard gives the answer

image.thumb.png.6b6acd23c5044589f82a0f4306dbacde.png

2 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

i didn't say anyone was wrong.

and a simple look at asus' page for the motherboard gives the answer

But that has nothing to do with the fact it's branded as ROG, TUF or anything, it's just the specs of that model. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

1 minute ago, Kilrah said:

But that has nothing to do with the fact it's branded as ROG, TUF or anything, it's just the specs of that model. 

I didn't say anything about rog or tuf either? why do people  keep misquoting me on this post?

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

I didn't say anything about rog or tuf either? why do people  keep misquoting me on this post?

Well I hate to prove you wrong, but you told us that its possible to "use branding to identify the features".

Ryzen 5 5600x | Gainward RTX 3060 Ti | 2x16GB 3200MHz | Samsung 980 1TB | 1 TB WD Blue | 120GB A400 Kingston Gigabyte M2 NVME 512GB  | BeQuite Straight Power11 80+ Gold 750W

2 minutes ago, Sima01 said:

Well I hate to prove you wrong, but you told us that its possible to "use branding to identify the features".

please show me the exact quote I used. I never said that and it's not something I would say.

EDIT: OOOOOH now I see the confusion. my "yes you can" answer was to OP's question of "can you use 2 nvme drives", not to the comment above mine.

Just now, boggy77 said:

please show me the exact quote I used. I never said that and it's not something I would say.

the problem is that you mentioned asus as if its the only brand that as 2 m.2, ill say more here

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

guys chill, we know that it isnt only just asus

OP if you want to know, always look at the product page and make sure it says that it supports 2 nvme ssds, for example this asrock b550 pro4 does have 2 m.2 slots with one being gen4 x4 and gen3 x2, so in fact you will be able to place 2 nvme ssds
For anyone else please do not isult me for it, Im trying to explain OP how to find out about this, thanks...
product page for it:
https://asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550 Pro4/index.asp
screenshot on what to look out for (usually you'll see these keywords):

image.png.9fe5656b8a8d81b3de58a5af2307d91e.png

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

7 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

EDIT: OOOOOH now I see the confusion. my "yes you can" answer was to OP's question of "can you use 2 nvme drives", not to the comment above mine.

Hahah well, use the quote function, it did make a confusion.