Does the Logitech G Pro X Superlight still have double-clicking issues?

blazesword2008
Go to solution Solved by PCGuy_5960,
6 hours ago, blazesword2008 said:

Also for the Viper Ultimate, at that price ($180 CAD for me) I may as well just get the Superlight.

As @mousesnob mentioned the viper ultimate might still be a good option if you like its shape more, but even grip styles aside, the Viper and the superlight do have different selling points. The Superlight has the best weight, but the Viper has some extra features that are missing on the superlight (the dock, optical switches, rubber sides, rgb or even a dpi button). So the choice comes down to grip styles and what features you value more.

What I'm concerned about now is the build quality, as some people have said they've had problems with the lmb and rmb becoming somewhat looser and that the side buttons became mushy or something. Is this something I should be concerned about?

I haven't really noticed anything like that on my superlight, but in general, many of the "horror stories" you hear about the buttons becoming loose are hugely overblown, yes, you can slightly move the buttons if you start pushing them from weird angles and such, but in actual use it isn't noticeable in any way.

Hello, I was looking into the Logitech G Pro X Superlight as my next mouse.

However, I have no idea if the double-clicking issue is as common as it was on the original model.

If anyone has bought the mouse, and has had/hasn't had double-clicking issues, please state so here.

If you haven't bought the mouse, but have heard stuff about the mouse, also please tell me.

Finally, if you have any alternatives if it turns out this mouse still isn't very reliable, then I'd love to know.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, mousesnob said:

Yes

Razer Viper Ultimate

Model O wireless

So it's still as common as before?

12 hours ago, blazesword2008 said:

So it's still as common as before?

We dont know but the clicks have not been changed in any way so id assume its still just as common. As far as i know all of logitechs G lineup hass eventuall double click issues.

2 hours ago, mousesnob said:

We dont know but the clicks have not been changed in any way so id assume its still just as common. As far as i know all of logitechs G lineup hass eventuall double click issues.

No, the clicks have been changed from Omron 50Ms to Omron 20Ms and so far the double click issues seem to have been fixed. I haven't heard of anyone having double click issues with the G Pro Superlight. 

On 2/22/2021 at 11:39 AM, mousesnob said:

Model O wireless

It is worth noting that it does have worse motion delay than both Logitech and Razer.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:49 AM, blazesword2008 said:

If anyone has bought the mouse, and has had/hasn't had double-clicking issues, please state so here.

I've been using the Superlight since I got it in December and haven't had any issues with double clicking.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

24 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

No, the clicks have been changed from Omron 50Ms to Omron 20Ms and so far the double click issues seem to have been fixed. I haven't heard of anyone having double click issues with the G Pro Superlight. 

Its suspected that it wasnt the switches alone that caused the gpw to double click. The gpw non x also changed the switches tp 20m yet the later batches still had cases of double click issues.

Other than the switches themselves  the implementation is still unchanged.

Thats still not to say that double clicking is guaranteed though.

Just now, mousesnob said:

Its suspected that it wasnt the switches alone that caused the gpw to double click. The gpw non x also changed the switches tp 20m yet the later batches still had cases double click issues.

Only the most recent ones after the shroud version had those switches and I haven't heard of many cases of double clicks.

2 minutes ago, mousesnob said:

Other than the switches themselves  the implementation is still unchanged.

Yeah, but the switches were a big reason why the gpw double clicked since most of the time double clicking could be completely solved by installing Kailh switches.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Alright so the Logitech G Pro X Superlight might not have the double clicking issue much anymore. In fact, after watching many videos, that doesn't seem to be the problem at all. What I'm concerned about now is the build quality, as some people have said they've had problems with the lmb and rmb becoming somewhat looser and that the side buttons became mushy or something. Is this something I should be concerned about? Like if I'm gonna dish out 200 CAD for this thing it better be good.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:39 AM, mousesnob said:

Yes

Razer Viper Ultimate

Model O wireless

Problem with the Model O Wireless is that it's honeycomb and it's gonna get real dirty real quickly.

Also for the Viper Ultimate, at that price ($180 CAD for me) I may as well just get the Superlight.

5 hours ago, blazesword2008 said:

Problem with the Model O Wireless is that it's honeycomb and it's gonna get real dirty real quickly.

I've used a white honeycomb mouse since summer of 2019 without cleaning and it still looks new.

You need to remember that there is no universal "best mouse"

The gpx is not better than the viper vice versa. They're for different grip types.

The gpx is a good mouse and you should pick it if the lifespan of the buttons is your only concern.

As @mousesnob mentioned the viper ultimate might still be a good option if you like its shape more, but even grip styles aside, the Viper and the superlight do have different selling points. The Superlight has the best weight, but the Viper has some extra features that are missing on the superlight (the dock, optical switches, rubber sides, rgb or even a dpi button). So the choice comes down to grip styles and what features you value more.

What I'm concerned about now is the build quality, as some people have said they've had problems with the lmb and rmb becoming somewhat looser and that the side buttons became mushy or something. Is this something I should be concerned about?

I haven't really noticed anything like that on my superlight, but in general, many of the "horror stories" you hear about the buttons becoming loose are hugely overblown, yes, you can slightly move the buttons if you start pushing them from weird angles and such, but in actual use it isn't noticeable in any way.

I recommend you not getting it. i've been using my Superlight since the start of December now and i already saw that i had light double clicking issues after a few weeks and now a few months later it is even worse. Just get another wireless mouse and do yourself a favour. My old g pro had the same issues and a whole new updated version has the same issues and the funniest part is the fact that i paid 150EU for a mouse that has the same issue it had with the old version.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is still looking at this post, I ended up getting the Model O Wireless.