GPU stuttering after using the NZXT G12

ChazTec

So i recently got the NZXT G12 for my rx 580 as it was running quite load under load. However once i put the g12 and water cooler on it would stutter in games but would be fine with vsync but i was getting like 300 fps in rainbow six. But then I resit the water cooler and now it stutters more? and now stutters like crazy even with vsync. The temps on the card are under 40 after 5 minutes of rainbow six. I am so confused. Someone please help!

Did you make sure your thermal pads were in place and making contact for your VRAM and VRMs?

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

Did you put heatsinks on the vrm, ram,... and such + a cooling fan? That is the weakness of the g12 bracket. Good gpu temps but everything else kinda goes to crap if you don't do it properly.

I put the thermal pads on the vram but the vrms pads were dry and fell off. Do you think i should buy some more then to make sure?

2 minutes ago, ChazTec said:

I put the thermal pads on the vram but the vrms pads were dry and fell off. Do you think i should buy some more then to make sure?

Well yeah of course if your vrms and stuff aren't cooled you are basically cooking the card to death right now.

29 minutes ago, ChazTec said:

So you just left the thermal pads out? If that's so then there's your problem. Get some new ones and apply them to the vram and vrms. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

10 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

So you just left the thermal pads out? If that's so then there's your problem. Get some new ones and apply them to the vram and vrms. 

Problem is that no matter what those heatsinks will fall off again as themal pads simply aren't sticky enough for long enough till they let go. Plenty of people had those small heatsinks randomly fall of their card before shortly after install even with extra sticky pads and the only options you are really left with is thermal glue/cement which is a bit of a too permanent solution in my book.

Hi guys thank you for the help. I have finally fixed the problem mostly. It was fixed by 1. buying thermal pads and putting it on the vrms and vram. 2. It was also fixed by disabling Radeon enhanced sync which caused most of the stuttering. So it was basically a mix of two things. Thank you!