HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server doesn't want to boot from USB

I have an HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 Server and when I go into the boot menu to look for my USB drive to boot from, its not listed. Does anyone have any ideas?

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

Is the USB drive formatted as GPT or MBR?
I believe your server has a Haswell CPU, and (while I might be wrong), I don't believe it supports GPT booting.

elephants

Open the server, find the System Maintenance DIP switches neat the PSU backplane and switch 6 to On position. Boot the server and you'll see a message saying the server configuration has been reset and to power the server off, do that and switch 6 back to Off position. This will put the server back to a known factory out of the box configuration.

After that as long as you've correctly created the USB drive you should be able to boot from it, although to be honest just use iLO and virtual DVD drive but mounting an ISO. You don't need to use physical installation media on HPE servers, plus it's best to boot in to Intelligent Provisioning and configure RAID etc there then do guided OS install or if non support OS choose manual install and it'll do the other basic prep of the server then reboot for you to do unguided OS install.

Likely has been disabled in the BIOS of the server. You'll need to re-enable it. If you're loading a completely fresh config on there, might as well do a factory reset like @leadeatersuggested. 

If you're going to install a supported operating system by intelligent provisioning, go that route. No USB needed for that. 

This is also a good time to acquire a Service Pack for Proliant (SPP) to get all the latest firmwares and software updates

loaded onto the server. It'll also update intelligent provisioning. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

37 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

It'll also update intelligent provisioning. 

Sadly not, at least not for Gen 8. I've had do download the separate IP ISO and update it that way. Just did 8 DL560 Gen8's this week with the SPP 8.1 ISO, IP versions all untouched 😢

Thank you for everyone's support, I will get back to you on what happens. The Drive was formatted as MBR

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.