Suddenly low framerate on good gaming computer (That had great framerate).

Some weeks ago i started getting low fps in games like csgo that i used to get ~250 and now im getting 90. I don't know what is causing these bad frame rates.

I already formated my pc twice, i reinstaled my drivers and downloaded some drivers from december 2020, SWITCHED THE GPU and nothing. I have zero ideas. 

Specs: 1600af // 16GB DDR4 3000mhz // GTX 1650 (before: 1050ti) 

sometimes when i start the game i have good fps but after 5min they comes down again and stay in the 100s fps.

my temps are good (55º GPU // 60ºCPU)

3 minutes ago, Mateus Maruta said:

Some weeks ago i started getting low fps in games like csgo that i used to get ~250 and now im getting 90. I don't know what is causing these bad frame rates.

I already formated my pc twice, i reinstaled my drivers and downloaded some drivers from december 2020, SWITCHED THE GPU and nothing. I have zero ideas. 

Specs: 1600af // 16GB DDR4 3000mhz // GTX 1650 (before: 1050ti) 

sometimes when i start the game i have good fps but after 5min they comes down again and stay in the 100s fps.

my temps are good (55º GPU // 60ºCPU)

what about vrm temps on your motherboard

12 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

what about vrm temps on your motherboard

image.png.eeb2dc3c42a3c827ec0b0c86433e933f.png

image.png

Just now, R3dbullDrinker said:

is there anything else?

nope, just this temps

is there anything else?

Just now, Mateus Maruta said:

nope, just this temps

launch up a game and then screenshot it after playing for 10-15 minutes

or when it stutters if something is above 75c and it cools down before you can screenshot just type it

15 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

image.png

1 minute ago, Mateus Maruta said:

image.png

Looks good to me I think this is a software issue did you completely reset windows.

1 minute ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

Looks good to me I think this is a software issue did you completely reset windows.

I have 1 ssd and 2 hdd. I formated the ssd bc its the 1 who has Windows. i can format the other 2 hdd if it helps

Just now, Mateus Maruta said:

I have 1 ssd and 2 hdd. I formated the ssd bc its the 1 who has Windows. i can format the other 2 hdd if it helps

formatting doesnt do much a clean reset of windows would be the only thing that would do something you have to redownload everything but it fixes a lot of problems.

What version of Nvidia drivers are you on??

If your not sure, go into Nvidia Control Panel, click on System Information in the bottom left corner, and report back what [Driver version] you have. Have you tried going back a couple versions to see if the problem goes away? 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

3 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

What version of Nvidia drivers are you on??

If your not sure, go into Nvidia Control Panel, click on System Information in the bottom left corner, and report back what [Driver version] you have. Have you tried going back a couple versions to see if the problem goes away? 

i told in the original post that i switched to the drivers from september 2020 and it didnt do nothing. my drivers are 461.40

5 minutes ago, R3dbullDrinker said:

formatting doesnt do much a clean reset of windows would be the only thing that would do something you have to redownload everything but it fixes a lot of problems.

i saw in a forum that it can be the ram. is it worth it to do a memtest?

5 minutes ago, Mateus Maruta said:

i told in the original post that i switched to the drivers from september 2020 and it didnt do nothing. my drivers are 461.40

1 hour ago, Mateus Maruta said:

i reinstaled my drivers and downloaded some drivers from december 2020,

So it was December originally? image.png.cc84c93030d3b62ad3678b1a3d0e6d82.png

If all three of these drivers did not do anything to help, then drivers are not the issue. Is your Windows power plan and Nvidia Control Panel settings set to High Performance and prefer high performance respectively? 

Download GPU-Z if you haven't already and when playing a game, open up GPU-Z and go into the Sensors tab and go down to PerfCap Reason. Does it state any reason for the performance limit? They can be either one of the following: 

• vRel = Reliability. Indicating perf is limited by reliability voltage.
  • VOp = Operating. Indicating perf is limited by max operating voltage.
  • Pwr = Power. Indicating perf is limited by total power limit.
  • Thrm = Thermal. Indicating perf is limited by temperature limit.
  • Idle = Idle. Indicating perf is limited by GPU utilization. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

like, i have 2 pc, A ( 1050ti ) and B ( 1650 ). the pc A was the pc with fps problems. so i switched the gpus from A to B and B to A. the pc B with a 1050ti now, started having bad fps too. but theres the catch, the pc A with a 1650 now, it has fps problems too.