Docking station for ryzen based laptop

Avazush

I bought ryzen based laptop (5800h and rtx 3070) and looking for docking station.

Can I use any usb type c based docking station or the fact that it not include thunderbolt limit the usage?

Also, is there a recommended docking station?

3 minutes ago, Avazush said:

I bought ryzen based laptop (5800h and rtx 3070) and looking for docking station.

Can I use any usb type c based docking station or the fact that it not include thunderbolt limit the usage?

Also, is there a recommended docking station?

thunderbolt stations that have like 10 usb ports and 2 display outputs will obviously not work with just usb

gaming system: R7 3700X @ 4.25Ghz cpu / B450 STEEL LEGEND mobo / 4x8gb corsair Vengeance @3333Mhz ram / RX 7900XTX pulse gpu / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cpu cooler /

Coolermaster Qube 500 case / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 12 1500w power supply

laptop: Dell xps 9510, 3.5k OLED, i7 11800h, rtx 3050 ti, 2x16gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, 1TB main drive, 2TB add in ssd

Unless specified, Ryzen laptop doesn't support Thunderbolt.

Check the specifications.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

You can "simulate" the Thunderbolt docks with charging by going with a Dock with a DisplayLink chip + power delivery. You will get 4K@60 Hz + all the USB ports that you need just like you would with a Thunderbolt dock. 

Something like this > Docking Station, USB-C Single 5K/Dual 4K Laptop Docking Station with 65W USB-C Power Delivery(2*DP, 2*HDMI, 4*USB 3.0 Type-A, 2 Type C and Gigabit Ethernet)

You will lose a bit of CPU cycles to compress 4K video over USB compared to a Thunderbolt dock, but there is no other universal docking solution for a non Thunderbolt PC.