Laptop RTX 2060 115W for 1440p gaming?

jasonyaputra
So I'm wondering if I can get good frames playing on 1440p using my RTX 2060 115W laptop.

Of course I'll be using an external monitor which means I will bypass optimus which improves my fps and also using dual channel RAM. Everything else will also be optimized to the best performance mode.

Can I expect 60+ fps in single player games like RDD2, RE2, RE3, Witcher, TombRaider, FarCry, AssassinsCreed

and 90+ in FPS games such as PUBG, Warzone, Apex (all with competitive settings tho).

I know it'll handle CSGO and Dota with no problems 🙂

I think you should be fine to run those games at 1440p but you will definitely have to turn some settings down to medium for the more demanding games if you wan to run them at 60+ fps. Especially games lke RDR 2 and the new Assassins Creeds.

Same for getting 90+ fps in games like PUBG.

Notebookcheck have a good overview of the performance of the 2060 laptop GPU

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-2060-Laptop-Graphics-Card.384946.0.html

5 hours ago, jasonyaputra said:
So I'm wondering if I can get good frames playing on 1440p using my RTX 2060 115W laptop.

Of course I'll be using an external monitor which means I will bypass optimus which improves my fps and also using dual channel RAM. Everything else will also be optimized to the best performance mode.

Can I expect 60+ fps in single player games like RDD2, RE2, RE3, Witcher, TombRaider, FarCry, AssassinsCreed

and 90+ in FPS games such as PUBG, Warzone, Apex (all with competitive settings tho).

I know it'll handle CSGO and Dota with no problems 🙂

I have a 2060 in my computer and I play at 1440p.

Running Red Dead 2, single player and online, I've had no problems - aside from some initial aggravation getting my controller to work.

I can turn most settings up to high and get a nice consistent 65-70fps, though it can dip a little the more intensive the onscreen action becomes (more NPCs, more detailed locations etc...).

Turning some stuff down isn't even a hardship as it's such a beautiful game.

I also own RE2 and RE3, and they run equally well at and above the 60fps minimum.

Assassin's Creed Origins is another that performs well, and aside from the most demanding areas it holds a steady 60+fps.

In short, the only games I've experienced that have been difficult to run at 60fps or over with high settings are Control, Crysis 3, Ryse: Son of Rome, and Flight Simulator 2020...and they still maintained a very playable 50ish.

(Ryse is more of an optimisation issue, Crysis is just very demanding, as are Control and FS2020 - but playing them at 1440p is worth it for me as going back to 1080 feels like playing a ps4 30fps version of CoD after playing at it 100fps on pc).