Dumb question

linusface

From a sub-avg user, I'd say it depends on how many game titles you want to hold. Some get as big as 50G.

I'd say 1-2 TB is what most people actually need nowadays. Non-gamers can get away with much less.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

14 hours ago, WikiForce said:

are you from 2016? because games nowadays are easily crossing 100gb mark, look at modern warfare 2019, RDR2, cold war etc.

that is about the time i stopped gaming. so in essence, my statement is still valid.

7 hours ago, DriftMan said:

You gave two horrible examples, that's not because the game NEEDS to be 100GB, but because they hired terrible developers and made terrible practices

About RDR2, it's a huge map, with textures up to 4K, it has to be that big, same with Witcher 3

But Sekiro is 15GB, and so are most of the newer games, I could say that all the games require 2GB nowadays because They Are Billions is 2GB, but that's an exception

Edit: Little Nightmares 2 is 4GB, Yakuza 4/5 is 24GB, Hitman 3 is 54GB, Green Hell is 7GB, Borderlands 3 is 58GB, The Medium is 37GB, Amnesia Rebirth is 17GB, etc etc

Yes, high-res textures are one of the main reasons for games getting bigger and bigger. More devs should go the way of not including them in their game itself, but making them a free DLC like the Final Fantasy 15 and Rainbow Six: Siege did it. This way people who can't run them or don't want them don't have to download as much.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

Exactly my thoughts on that, I've seen few free DLCs with improved textures, the last one was Borderlands 2 IIRC

There are few people playing at 4K, why should they include them in the base game?

4K textures are also beneficial to 1080p and 1440p users. They are generally sharper and you can see that at every resolution.