I could use some laptop recommendations for an artist

Hi! I am looking into buy a new laptop for my artist. There are a few priorities: must have thunderbolt 3 (or 4), must have pen support, must have built in GPU. Other things like storage or CPU aren't as important, a powerful CPU is nice but most likely anything with a GPU will already have a decent CPU, it doesn't have to be the best possible CPU.

My artist will be docking the laptop as a desktop and using it on the go. Battery life is not a major concern, it will be used at a university most of the time when not docked.

Price is not a big deal, if you know of a good deal I'm certainly interested, but I'll pay whatever is needed to get a good machine for her.

GPU will be used for 3D modeling work, not gaming. eGPU is possible with the thunderbolt but that's not going to be part of our initial setup. Maybe something for down the road.

Thanks so much!

10 minutes ago, Invincible Sugar said:

Hi! I am looking into buy a new laptop for my artist. There are a few priorities: must have thunderbolt 3 (or 4), must have pen support, must have built in GPU. Other things like storage or CPU aren't as important, a powerful CPU is nice but most likely anything with a GPU will already have a decent CPU, it doesn't have to be the best possible CPU.

My artist will be docking the laptop as a desktop and using it on the go. Battery life is not a major concern, it will be used at a university most of the time when not docked.

Price is not a big deal, if you know of a good deal I'm certainly interested, but I'll pay whatever is needed to get a good machine for her.

GPU will be used for 3D modeling work, not gaming. eGPU is possible with the thunderbolt but that's not going to be part of our initial setup. Maybe something for down the road.

Thanks so much!

I'd recommend the Acer Concept D7 or D9