B550 having VGA indicator light (after RMA and troubleshooting)

ethanbrecke
Go to solution Solved by ethanbrecke,

One of the SSD drives over SATA was not working. I figured it out by trying to have one drive plugged in at a time over SATA, instead of all the SSD's plugged in.

PC Specs:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9f2jW3

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard

GPU: EVGA RTX 970

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Kingston A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Phanteks Enthoo 719 ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fan

HBA: SAS-9211 8i (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M2AC40Y)

The issue is the VGA Debug indicator light is on, and there is no video output. I have tried a GPU from my brother's system (an Radeon RX 580, which was working in his system and I also tried an ATI radeon 5670 HD, which the eBay listing said was functional at the time of purchase). The Monitor and HDMI cable seem to be working, I tested it with my laptop, and there was output, and I was able to move my cursor around on the screen. Ive even RMA'd the Mobo, and even after the RMA, there is the same VGA debug light. Its Booting off one of the Kingston drives via Sata, There are no M.2 drives installed in the system. I have cleared the CMOS cache thing, (bridged the battery pins for 10 seconds, and after that didnt work, I took the CMOS battery out for 10 second). The power supply should be more than capable to supply the power, according to PCPartPicker. Any suggestions?

Noticing the hardware is not new.  Has this thing worked without issue in the past?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Yeah, worked for about 3-4 days while i transferred files over, worked perfectly with the GTX 970 as the GPU, and was displaying output, and showing up on the network, and when I turned it off to add the last 2 hard drives that held the old data, it stopped working, at which point I tried the Radeon 580 and 5670

One of the SSD drives over SATA was not working. I figured it out by trying to have one drive plugged in at a time over SATA, instead of all the SSD's plugged in.