All ram sticks fine alone but crashes with all 4 installed

I have a i5-2500K in a msi p67 board and 4 x 2GB corsair ram sticks. The ram sticks are all the same and ordered at the same time. All work just fine alone and in groups of two. but when all 4 are in my system crashes and not at any set intervals. It crashes at completely random times. Shortest run was 10 mins and longest was a whole day of computing so around 7 hrs of computing before crashing. Ive tried using win 8, 7 and ubuntu but all crash. I know the ram probably just wont work but figured I would ask for a wild card idea to make it work. Thanks in advance.

If the variance in timing is so big, you'll want to make sure you extensively test the RAM to confirm the issue. 

I got 2 ideas :D

1. use memtest86 for each individual ram stick for 24 hours

2. Replace motherboard

Sorry, I'm out of ideas :/

I fix computers and computer accessories... sometimes... when I want to...

I have a i5-2500K in a msi p67 board and 4 x 2GB corsair ram sticks. The ram sticks are all the same and ordered at the same time. All work just fine alone and in groups of two. but when all 4 are in my system crashes and not at any set intervals. It crashes at completely random times. Shortest run was 10 mins and longest was a whole day of computing so around 7 hrs of computing before crashing. Ive tried using win 8, 7 and ubuntu but all crash. I know the ram probably just wont work but figured I would ask for a wild card idea to make it work. Thanks in advance.

Update bios...run a check for each ram with memtest...and then put all the 4 and then see if everything works fine...

Did you test each DIMM Slot individually?

A slot could be bad (it happens). Maybe it's one that you don't access often (not sure how that works).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I have ran memtest on all 4 sticks. Havent checked individual slots. And NB voltage ?

I have ran memtest on all 4 sticks. Havent checked individual slots. And NB voltage ?

i think its called IMC voltage in newer boards like yours (internal memory controller)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i think its called IMC voltage in newer boards like yours (internal memory controller)

So just my ram voltage like 1.5 stock bump it up to 1.6?

Also I should rephrase my system hangs up more than crash. For example my interface stays up but my usb ports loose power. and no blue screen.

So just my ram voltage like 1.5 stock bump it up to 1.6?

Also I should rephrase my system hangs up more than crash. For example my interface stays up but my usb ports loose power. and no blue screen.

Integrated memory controller, not RAM voltage. Give it a small voltage bump.

Raise your RAM to 1.515~1.525v while you're at it.

I'm not familiar with Intel stuff, so wait for some other input.

Error: 410