How to protect the laptop from humidity in the air ?

7mo

How to protect the laptop from humidity in the air ?

you would rather the humidity than lack of.. trust me.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Unless you are a fish I don't think any protection is needed here

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Condensation is what would make it dangerous. The way to avoid that is to not bring your laptop from a cold environment into a warm, humid environment and use it straight away. Give it a while to warm up first.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

you would rather the humidity than lack of.. trust me.

i have a pc destroyed from humidity in the air to much humidity is not good 

9 minutes ago, 7mo said:

i have a pc destroyed from humidity in the air to much humidity is not good 

Then get a dehumdifier in the room to help pull moisture out of the air. But you want humidity because it keeps static electricity down so you dont shock your devices and yourself and potentially kill your devices. Only way to fully protect it would be to build a climate controlled room that had strict controls on the humidity levels and can pull moisture out of the air as needed. Next best is to add Dehumidifiers to the room or rooms in the house to help keep it down.  

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

11 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Then get a dehumdifier in the room to help pull moisture out of the air. But you want humidity because it keeps static electricity down so you dont shock your devices and yourself and potentially kill your devices. Only way to fully protect it would be to build a climate controlled room that had strict controls on the humidity levels and can pull moisture out of the air as needed. Next best is to add Dehumidifiers to the room or rooms in the house to help keep it down.  

thanks a lot its a good idea ,I want to know if there is a cover up for pc component and laptop component to keep it from rust and humidifier 

Just now, 7mo said:

thanks a lot its a good idea ,I want to know if there is a cover up for pc component and laptop component to keep it from rust and humidifier 

No cover you can get to protect against it beyond the dehumidifier. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig