Ryzen 5000 series BIOS update

sgtballs

So I'm about to install my new processor, a Ryzen 5 5600X (old one is 2600) and update the BIOS on my ASRock B450 pro and I was wondering... do I update the BIOS then install the new CPU?  Will my computer work with the latest BIOS and the old CPU still installed?  

4 minutes ago, sgtballs said:

do I update the BIOS then install the new CPU

Yes, looking at the latest BIOS for B450 Pro4, changelog says it adds support for Ryzen 5000, so yeah it should work after you update the BIOS.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yes, you update the BIOS BEFORE putting in the new CPU.

Otherwise it wouldn't even boot.

ASrock says they don't recommend updating that BIOS unless you are getting the 5000 series or have the 3000 series. Whether or not you'll still be able to boot on the old CPU (2600), I don't know. But after updating the BIOS, simply power the PC down and swap the CPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro