Seasonic Focus PX-750, good?

frozensun

Comparing the GD850 to the PX850 it looks like the Prime is more efficient. Even if its not who cares. No in cable caps seems good to me as well as the warranty. Even comparing the GD850 to the PX750 the Prime was more efficient. Also I read in the Toms review about EMI from the Focus Platinum.. I use my pc with my stereo so cant have that.. For me both PSU's were the same price, with the same shipping.. I took to long to decide and missed out. I'll let you know what I think of the Prime when it arrives on Friday 👍

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

5 hours ago, freeagent said:

Comparing the GD850 to the PX850 it looks like the Prime is more efficient. Even if its not who cares. No in cable caps seems good to me as well as the warranty. Even comparing the GD850 to the PX750 the Prime was more efficient. Also I read in the Toms review about EMI from the Focus Platinum.. I use my pc with my stereo so cant have that.. For me both PSU's were the same price, with the same shipping.. I took to long to decide and missed out. I'll let you know what I think of the Prime when it arrives on Friday 👍

We are talking about the focus PX

8 minutes ago, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

We are talking about the focus PX

Yeah, I was going to buy one.

On 2/16/2021 at 1:02 PM, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

Prime is supposed to be the flagship and focus mainstream. there is no reason to get the prime gold. 

On 2/16/2021 at 1:06 PM, frozensun said:

and I quote:

Possibly better solder joints. Unfortunately Jonnyguru dinged the Focus Plus Gold for soldering. However, Kitguru gave the Focus Plus Gold high marks for solder. Kitguru also gave the Prime Ultra gold high marks for solder. Jonnyguru hasn't reviewed the Prime Ultra Gold. So, it could be solder quality is the same between them and jonnyguru just has higher standards than kitguru.
All the components used in the Focus Plus Gold are top notch. As reviewed by jonnyguru. The only ding was the soldering job.
As the Focus Plus Gold is an excellent unit. I couldn't see a reason not to use it. In fact I bought two of them because they are so well built.

In practice the difference is not important.

In my opinion I mean I am such in a lots of detail but I really don't care if my PSU has average or perfect soldering,though I'm not electrical engineer but I didn't pay for PSU 20 bucks,I guess soldering is average.

Maybe @jonnyGURU can tell us why soldering quality matters when looking at PSU,I'm so curious.

Please keep in mind that you guys are mentioning units made before the OneSeasonic revamp.  Ideally with 2020+ video cards, you do NOT want to buy the models made before year 2019, due to transient OCP issues.

The old models carry the name "Prime Ultra Platinum/Titanium/Gold" or "Focus Platinum/Gold", etc.

The new models are designated directly by their product code name in a more condensed, easier to understand format.  Also, the PSU cables of all of the OneSeasonic models are also compatible with each other.

So for example, you do NOT want to buy a Focus Plus Gold or a Prime Ultra Platinum at this point anymore.

What you DO want to buy instead is a Focus GX/PX or a Prime GX/PX/TX, and the power supply capacity following this branding, which is the OneSeasonic conversion.

Also worth noting is that some of the OneSeasonic models have more PCIE cable connector slots than the non Oneseasonic models, due to the removal of daisy chain cables on some models! (example: The Prime PX-1000 now has the same PCIE slot ports as the Prime TX-1000, while the Prime Ultra Platinum 1000 had fewer ports than the Prime Ultra Titanium 1000).  Also, all of the new Prime models now only have single 6+2 pin PCIE cables per port, and no daisy chain cables.  The new Focus line models do have the daisy chain cables.

https://seasonic.com/oneseasonic

How do I check when my unit was made?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

I said I would come back..

Its a sweet PSU. Nice and compact. All of the cables are beautiful to work with, easy to flex and fit. No in cable caps is a big plus. I was concerned there would be a little EMI, nope none.

I got the Prime GX-750 for the same price as the PX-750. I am satisfied.

1 minute ago, freeagent said:

Its a sweet PSU. Nice and compact. All of the cables are beautiful to work with, easy to flex and fit. No in cable caps is a big plus. I was concerned there would be a little EMI, nope none.

It heats pretty much without fan blowing towards electronic components.

Did you enable the fan to blow all the time via that button on the back of PSU?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

It heats pretty much without fan blowing towards electronic components.

Did you enable the fan to blow all the time via that button on the back of PSU?

No I have the fan set to come on.  I just touched the back of the PSU and it feels cool.

Hmmm interesting....then something is wrong with my PSU...or it's normal?

is there a way to check temperature inside PSU?

Its pretty cool where I am, probably only about 20c down in my basement, if that. Plus my hardware is very easy to drive, but I do want a 30 series when I can get one.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:17 AM, freeagent said:

The Prime GX is the same platform as the Focus GX. 

On 2/20/2021 at 6:03 AM, frozensun said:

How do I check when my unit was made?

The new oneseasonic are Focus PX-750. The old ones are Focus+ 

How warm is your psu? My 550 is not cool to the touch.

My Prime is cool to the touch and the fan is off. Its a sweet PSU, the cables are awesome to work with.

Same platform but nicer guts.. better cables, longer warranty, and being the 750 a shorter chassis which is sweet in my little case.

Either way, you cant really go wrong with the upper end brands. You can nit pick as much as you want, I just went with what was on sale lol. I could have gotten a little more bang for my buck, sure.. but as usual there are always concessions to be made. I ran a Corsair PSU for years, I know they work ok. Just don't overload them too much for too long and you'll be ok. I used to F@H with a hexacore and sli 570s for months at a time.. like a said just don't hammer on them too hard. And I'm talking about a TX-850.. that's fairly old, but was newish at the time 😄