Seasonic Focus PX-750, good?

frozensun

Guys I've finally decide,about picking this PSU.

Sadly Corsair is out of stock.

This would be my first Seasonic PSU.

I checked some reviews and judging by that,should be great psu.

But in psu tier list read that has some issues with power hungry GPUs.

Is that fixed?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

45 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

The PX has fixes for high transient GPUs.

Ooh okay.so I'm good to go.

What means "transient"?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

So newer models are not affected by that?

I don't own Vega card ,my card is r9 270x/r9 390.

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

Ooh okay.so I'm good to go.

What means "transient"?

Transience is a change that happens in a short time. When talking about GPUs, it's the power spikes that last for a short period of time. If a GPU has high transient loads, then the those spikes are high.

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

So newer models are not affected by that?

I don't own Vega card ,my card is r9 270x/r9 390.

I suppose Seasonic has done a fix with the GX/PX/TX series of PSUs. So it shouldn't have that problem. With your GPUs it's less likely as well.

Hmmm dunno my friend,R9 390 is really power hungry card...

I almost bought that PSU. Shipping went from 7.99 to 29.99 so I assumed Canada sold out and had to ship from the states. I went with the Prime GX-750.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL- C12 Pro, 2x TL-K12, SYY-157
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Mix @ 3733 14-14-14-34 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, 2x SN770, Asus Hyper M.2
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal TorrentCompact | 1x Phanteks T30, 1x TL-B12, 1x TY-143

10 hours ago, frozensun said:

Guys I've finally decide,about picking this PSU.

Sadly Corsair is out of stock.

This would be my first Seasonic PSU.

I checked some reviews and judging by that,should be great psu.

But in psu tier list read that has some issues with power hungry GPUs.

Is that fixed?

I think the FX Focus were the ones with issues. The newer PX, GX, GM are fine. 

6 hours ago, freeagent said:

I almost bought that PSU. Shipping went from 7.99 to 29.99 so I assumed Canada sold out and had to ship from the states. I went with the Prime GX-750.

Someone told me the Prime Gold is the same as the Gold Focus

19 hours ago, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

Someone told me the Prime Gold is the same as the Gold Focus

no they are not. who told you that?

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

2 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

no they are not. who told you that?

Those Prime Gold with 140mm housing is an upscaled version focus with better parts. Someone opened one up and looked inside. 

1 minute ago, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

Those Prime Gold with 140mm housing is an upscaled version focus with better parts. Someone opened one up and looked inside. 

well its not the same as Focus then? also source?

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

what is the difference between prime and focus guys

and I quote:

Possibly better solder joints. Unfortunately Jonnyguru dinged the Focus Plus Gold for soldering. However, Kitguru gave the Focus Plus Gold high marks for solder. Kitguru also gave the Prime Ultra gold high marks for solder. Jonnyguru hasn't reviewed the Prime Ultra Gold. So, it could be solder quality is the same between them and jonnyguru just has higher standards than kitguru.
All the components used in the Focus Plus Gold are top notch. As reviewed by jonnyguru. The only ding was the soldering job.
As the Focus Plus Gold is an excellent unit. I couldn't see a reason not to use it. In fact I bought two of them because they are so well built.

In practice the difference is not important.

In my opinion I mean I am such in a lots of detail but I really don't care if my PSU has average or perfect soldering,though I'm not electrical engineer but I didn't pay for PSU 20 bucks,I guess soldering is average.

Maybe @jonnyGURU can tell us why soldering quality matters when looking at PSU,I'm so curious.

This reminds me same when buying an SSD,in MTFB hours wether you will buy 860 evo or 850 pro the difference is in 50 000 hours,who knows if that SSD will even work 100 000 hours,probably will end up fried in some garbage.

Well I ordered today Focus PX-750 just because Corsair is out of stock,on all midrange quality,and now luckly I'll have near CoolerMaster and Corsair Seasonic.

I like to mess up with different companies and share my opinion.

In my opinion most PSU use Seasonic or FSP platform,and older ones Leadex.

It's like when you purchase AOC monitor but it has Samsung panel so it's Samsung monitor, 

The only thing with Seasonic I don't like is their small form.

For me personally I like them "the bigger the better" (reason I got 1200 HXi).

Seasonic Focus is so compact and I wonder how can such small PSU be of a great quality.

28 minutes ago, frozensun said:

This reminds me same when buying an SSD,in MTFB hours wether you will buy 860 evo or 850 pro the difference is in 50 000 hours,who knows if that SSD will even work 100 000 hours,probably will end up fried in some garbage.

SSD lifespan is measured in TBW. For an average user, most ssd would outlive its TBW rating. 

30 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Well I ordered today Focus PX-750 just because Corsair is out of stock,on all midrange quality,and now luckly I'll have near CoolerMaster and Corsair Seasonic.

I like to mess up with different companies and share my opinion.

In my opinion most PSU use Seasonic or FSP platform,and older ones Leadex.

It's like when you purchase AOC monitor but it has Samsung panel so it's Samsung monitor, 

Good choice. I have a year old Focus PX-550 in this machine I am typing with right now. 

21 minutes ago, frozensun said:

The only thing with Seasonic I don't like is their small form.

For me personally I like them "the bigger the better" (reason I got 1200 HXi).

Seasonic Focus is so compact and I wonder how can such small PSU be of a great quality.

Small PSU housing = smaller fan = louder at full load. quality has nothing to do with size.  

10 minutes ago, RTXOutOfStockEdition said:

SSD lifespan is measured in TBW. For an average user, most ssd would outlive its TBW rating. 

yeah TBW,whatever...I thought about TBW but cuz I'm tired I made a mistake with mtfb which is measure for fans I think.

So PX is loud?Damn...

But I suppose under 30 % load PSU will be quiet,I don't think I will exceed more then 300 W,that is around 40 %.

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

yeah TBW,whatever...I thought about TBW but cuz I'm tired I made a mistake with mtfb which is measure for fans I think.

So PX is loud?Damn...

But I suppose under 30 % load PSU will be quiet,I don't think I will exceed more then 300 W,that is around 40 %.

MTBF is legit even for ssd. components could fails right? 

Depends. Some Focus owners say the fan at low rpm has a low frequency hum. The fan on my focus doesn't even turn on most times. Even gaming I could not hear the fan.

I had a PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool back in 2006. that thing was loud at full load, but it had an 80mm fan.