best PSU for my build

eagle12426

Sorry for this being so long!! Hello I am new to this site so If I seam like I don't know what I'm doing it's that. I'm doing my very first build and almost have everything I need to start it. The only items I'm missing is the GPU, PSU, M.2's. The GPU has been nothing at all. But I can order the other parts and wait until I can get one. This is what I have so far for my build: Thermaltake Core X71 tempered glass case, Ryzen 9 3900x, Deeo Cool Assissin III, Gigabyte X570 Arous Master AM4, Crucial Ballistix 4 X 16 GB DDR4-3200, My GPU will come later when I can get one along with the M.2's. My question is this, YES I KNOW I need a GPU to determine the WATTS for it. I'm figuring high, very high on that by saying around 350-400 for it. Like I said very high. What can anyone recommend on the watts for everything and the BEST brand to go with. SIZE DOES NOT MATTER for the case. I have a LOT of room for it. Any opinion  would be GREAT! Thank you in advance. eagle12426

If you want the best PSU, that's just the AX1600i, no matter the system. Quiet, has multi rail OCP, uses a good fan, performs super well, etc. If you want a more useful recommendation, we would need to know what GPU you are actually going to get, and where you're buying from, as the pricing and availability will vary.

:)

IF I COULD FIND ONE I WOULD GLADLY TELL YOU WHAT KIND! LOL!! I have been looking for 3-4 months and nothing is coming close to what I want or need. I want to get the Gigabyte Arous Master GPU That would be my perfect one to go with the MOBO. But, I can't even find anything where I'm at. 

9 minutes ago, bdk74 said:

Seasonic gold or platinum 

No. Don't reccomend a brand, and seasonic PSU have been known to have problems with RTX 3000 series cards. Unsure what state they're in right now, though

6 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If you want the best PSU, that's just the AX1600i, no matter the system. Quiet, has multi rail OCP, uses a good fan, performs super well, etc. If you want a more useful recommendation, we would need to know what GPU you are actually going to get, and where you're buying from, as the pricing and availability will vary.

Great PSU, except it's quite expensive.

7 minutes ago, eagle12426 said:

How many watts for it?

Personally I'd reccomend a Enermax revolution D.F 850w if you plan to get say a rtxx 3080, possibly a 3080ti or whatever has been leaked, or their AMD equivalents. If You're going above that, I'd start recommending a 1000w psu, most likely. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

2 minutes ago, eagle12426 said:

IF I COULD FIND ONE I WOULD GLADLY TELL YOU WHAT KIND! LOL!! I have been looking for 3-4 months and nothing is coming close to what I want or need. I want to get the Gigabyte Arous Master GPU That would be my perfect one to go with the MOBO. But, I can't even find anything where I'm at. 

We're not asking you about the specific model, more like RTX 3080, 3090, radeon 6800xt, 6900xt, that thing.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

OH OK SORRY LOL! WELL i'M THINKING ABOUT THE RTX 3000's or the Radeon 6000's or the 5700's. I'm very flexible just trying to find one is the problem. I'm sure everyone on hear know's what I'm saying.

11 minutes ago, eagle12426 said:

OH OK SORRY LOL! WELL i'M THINKING ABOUT THE RTX 3000's or the Radeon 6000's or the 5700's. I'm very flexible just trying to find one is the problem. I'm sure everyone on hear know's what I'm saying.

So are you looking at a rtx 3080? A 3070? A 3090? That's still a very large range. What's your budget? 

I can go up to around 4-6 on it but not over that. That is why I was trying to get a GPU first then go for the PSU. I would rather spend the money on the GPU and wait on the PSU. At least I'll have most of the parts for the build. 

but finding one, that's the problem. I have SEARCHED every ware for one. newegg, amazon, asus, amd, ETC....

My wife is calling me. so I need to go. Thank to everyone. I'll keep myself logged in so any comments can still be looked at when I come back. Have a good night, day, or afternoon. and be safe. Later, eagle12426

2 hours ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

I'd start recommending a 1000w psu, most likely. 

yet another recommendation to throw your money down the drain.

psu is one the top h/w that you can overspend on. do your homework i.e what they really draw and not what the manufacture tells you (they over estimate).

10 minutes ago, bdk74 said:

yet another recommendation to throw your money down the drain.

psu is one the top h/w that you can overspend on. do your homework i.e what they really draw and not what the manufacture tells you (they over estimate).

I said with a higher-end card like a RTX 3090 or 6900xt I would start to recommend a 1000w psu, as an 850w is going to struggle especially over time- as the power supply will struggle to push that kind of power several years down the line, or if they overclock in basically any capacity. Sure, a 850w will work with a 3090, just like a 550w will work with a 3070, It doesn't mean I reccomend it. I recommended a $120 850w PSU for something like a 3900x 3080 build, as well. I'm not going to try to get the OP to waste their money, nor have I ever suggested they do that. Don't take me out of context. 

OK I'm back did not mean to start a argument on this site since I'm new to it. The reason I said about my wife calling me was out of respect for everyone on hear since I wasn't going to be around to answer. I get that from my mother and grandmothers, and from being in the service MANY YEARS AGO. Thanks to everyone that put there input to my question. Have a great night and be safe. This is Eagle12426 signing off!

I picked up a Seasonic Prime GX 750 SSR-GD2 on sale from Newegg.. Just waiting for it to arrive..

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14