Sonic Colors DS Version vs Nintendo Wii- Which Version Is Better?

Ever since I made my last post here about wanting to get into console gaming, I feel like I’ve reconsidered a game that I hadn’t given much thought to before but now believe I will enjoy- Sonic Colors.

But I do have a small problem: Do I go with the Wii version or the DS version? 🤔 (It’s another 1 of MANY games that I didn’t get the chance to play growing up.) Now according to this fandom link, there are a good number of differences between versions, but not nearly as extensive compared to Sonic Unleashed for example. Sonic fandom link: Sonic Colors | Sonic News Network | Fandom

So, the plan when I made this post was to try & make it into like a poll or something where people can voice their opinions openly in. Only problem was I didn’t know how to do that, so I guess a regular post will have to suffice. 🤷‍♂️But anyway, I would like to hear everyone’s opinion on which version of the game you think is best & why as it will help me to make up my mind. :) 

Thanks in advance & I look forward to hearing from you!

Wii

If I had to pick one, I would definitely go with the Wii version. Both games have the same basic plot, but that's about where the similarities end. The DS version is strictly a side-scrolling 2D platformer. The Wii version has the typical boost formula gameplay from most of the modern Sonic games where it alternates between 3D and 2D sections. The cutscenes are also going to look much better on the Wii if that's something you care about. In my opinion, Sonic Colors DS is basically just Sonic Rush 3. The game is nearly identical as far as the gameplay mechanics, and even uses the same character model.

TLDR: If you REALLY like 2D platformers, you'd probably still enjoy the DS version, but the Wii version is a far more fleshed out and enjoyable game if you only have time for one of the two.

I mostly speak from my own past experience from similar problems. My solution may not work for you, but I'll always try my best to help as much as I can. If you want me to see your reply, make sure to quote my comment or mention me @WaggishOhio383, and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

-- My PC Build --

Ryzen 7 2700x

AsRock B450 Steel Legend

XFX RX 590 Fatboy

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 16GB 3200MHz
120GB Crucial BX500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

Corsair CX650M

Phanteks Eclipse P350x