Xbox one vs series x defective buttons?

Legodude50

So I’m on my third defective series x controller. When clicked at an angle, the A button will completely not register. So I was wondering if maybe the Xbox one controller is any better? I really want an Xbox controller for my pc for games that don’t support PS4 button prompts (yes I’m aware DS4 can get games to recognize the controller but having the in screen prompts is important to me) been very frustrating so far because I love the feel and look of these controllers but I won’t stand for soemthing that doesn’t work a quarter of the time!

The xbox one controllers are basically identical to the new ones so pick your fav.

8 minutes ago, Legodude50 said:

When clicked at an angle, the A button will completely not register.

no offense, but are your hands greasy/dirty when you play? i've done repair on too many xb1 controllers to count, 9/10 times dirt and grease builds up and just needs a good cleaning.

4 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

no offense, but are your hands greasy/dirty when you play? i've done repair on too many xb1 controllers to count, 9/10 times dirt and grease builds up and just needs a good cleaning.

I’m a clean freak. My entire pc set up is spotless, I wash my hands more times a day than I probably should. Literally right out of the box all 3 controllers have had this exact issue. And it’s not that I’m doing a really really light click either, it simply will NOT register when clicked at at an angle. Which is where my thumb naturally rests when gaming. 

15 minutes ago, Legodude50 said:

I’m a clean freak. My entire pc set up is spotless, I wash my hands more times a day than I probably should. Literally right out of the box all 3 controllers have had this exact issue. And it’s not that I’m doing a really really light click either, it simply will NOT register when clicked at at an angle. Which is where my thumb naturally rests when gaming. 

huh, i didn't think they changed much with the internals, must have though. i would suggest what @jaslionsaid then since i have never had that issue with an xbox one controller. the "special edition" controllers (ones with the rubber back for grip) are my personal favorite.

edit: just to clarify, i wasn't saying your hands were dirty, just that most of the customers controllers that had jamming/register issues were caused by that lol.

Yeah.. at this point I’ll just try to get a Xbox one controller and see if I have any better luck... you have any favorite designs? I know there’s a lot of really cool color ways and patterns out there for the Xbox one controller 

9 hours ago, Legodude50 said:

Yeah.. at this point I’ll just try to get a Xbox one controller and see if I have any better luck... you have any favorite designs? I know there’s a lot of really cool color ways and patterns out there for the Xbox one controller 

I personally don't care I just get the cheapest one :p. Sometimes there are very unpopular colours/designs that end up sitting forever and I've scored deals that way.