1st Time PC Builder & just got a AMD 5600x seeking advice

Dexterous Fox

Budget (including currency): USD $1200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I'm going to use it for solid works, photo/video editing, & casual gaming (1080p/60FPS up to 1440p/60FPS) where I plan to stream games to my Shield TV.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

PC parts already own are the following:

Main:

• Ryzen 5600x
  • Ggigabyte B550M Aorus Pro-P

Peripherals:

• Dell MonitorU2520R
  • Logitech MX Keys & Mouse
  • 1TB Samsung SSD
  • 500GB 970 Evo
  • Win10 LTSB License.

Build:  mATX preference but I'm open to switching out to a iTX.

Details: Yesterday I brought a 5600x & B550 board at my local Micro Center. Since the market will force my hand to buy parts sporadically, I thought it wise to purchased warranties on both to have some level confidence that I can get replacement parts in case of DOA. The board was selected to it's relative ability to OC the CPU & ram. As of January 11, US tariffs will increase prices on everything soon. This & the pandemic pc market will definitely see a compound effect on prices within 6 months. I wanted to buy the items at original MSRP before the adjustments are made. 

PC Parts Advice: I've created a list of 16/32GB, Samsung b-die version, of ram. 

Exclude RGB, Price, & Capacity:

1. What difference does  G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB have over the G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB?
  2. With B550M board, how easily can the Flare reach 3600 with adjustments or lower the CL of Trident match the timings of the Flare?

Finally, with the situation as it is now, I might end buying the ram & a power supply with warranties before there's a restock of GPUs. The benefits is I can buy better parts with warranties, but I'll be spending a fraction more money because the GPU market is a ghost town. A large factor for not building a pc earlier was 1) Pre2020-PC at work is capable to run the tasks I needed & I took it home to work from home, 2) I played games on the PS4 or Switch is good enough for me, 3)Purchase a Ryzen 7 4700U laptop with 16GB during the covid times & picked the Dell monitor because it had a USB C port that I can charge the laptop. Overall, I'm mainly buying PC parts now because I've always wanted to do it but never had the time. I might as well go big or go home kinda of build.

-A Stone Cold Fox

More memory is almost always better.

For most apps differences in memory speed and timings are not noticeable.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

4 hours ago, brob said:

This. Only gaming and extreme dataset manipulation benefit from better timings and speed. On a workstation more > faster

5 hours ago, brob said:

I went with 32gb of flare as it reviews are saying it can reach the sweet spot of "3733Mhz 16-16-16-16-36 1.33v(1.356v)" or higher. , I'm going to temporary hijack the 1080ti from my work computer until there's a GPU market. 

-A Stone Cold Fox