MSI Afterburner just for fan control?

aduman

Hey, is there a way to use afterburner just for controlling the fans, without it messing with voltages, clocks etc.? I tried setting up just a fan curve but it ends up reverting my voltages to default values on Adrenaline and undervolting goes out the window. I basically have to reapply my Radeon profile at every start-up.

Reason I want to use afterburner for the fan control is basically the AMD solution is buggy atm. It ramps up fans randomly to rpms way above what i set in the software. This is with a Vega 64 Nitro.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Vega is what it is. I cant get afterburner working any better. I just started to use game profiles in Adrenaline for fan control as that seems to work a bit better.

I think the in-built stuff in Adrenaline is quite good, you could use that. (Open the "Fine tuning controls" dropdown to manually enter values instead of trying to adjust the horrible graph)

Andrenaline for AMD is better than the other software. In fact I think they did a great job with that suite compared to Nvidia.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

31 minutes ago, Pirulax said:

I think the in-built stuff in Adrenaline is quite good, you could use that. (Open the "Fine tuning controls" dropdown to manually enter values instead of trying to adjust the horrible graph)

lol I just discovered that fine tuning option after months of tinkering with the software. Gonna give that a try, thanks.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler