Mini ITX Ram configuration

Go to solution Solved by AnirbanG007,
35 minutes ago, Joost.sch said:

Hello!

I am planning to build a new ITX/SFF PC in the near future. I want to use the Gigabyte Aorus Pro AX Mobo for the ryzen 3600 I already have.

Currently I use 2X8GB ram dimms. But I want to know for future upgrades down the line if I can buy one single 16GB stick and later add a second one. Without performance issues. Is this possible or should I wait and save more money in a couple months and Buy 2 16gb stick directly?

I'd suggest you to save some money, and buy two 16 gig sticks at once. Dual channel memory has essentially double the bandwidth of single channel memory. If you go single channel, i.e. one stick of 16, you'll get less performance from your system, i.e. the software that are affected by RAM bandwidth will run slower. For instance, you'll get lower fps in games, generally speaking.

Depending on your workload, you may notice the difference, or you probably won't. In any case, I'd suggest you to get 2 sticks of 16 gigs at the same time. 🙂 

Hello!

I am planning to build a new ITX/SFF PC in the near future. I want to use the Gigabyte Aorus Pro AX Mobo for the ryzen 3600 I already have.

Currently I use 2X8GB ram dimms. But I want to know for future upgrades down the line if I can buy one single 16GB stick and later add a second one. Without performance issues. Is this possible or should I wait and save more money in a couple months and Buy 2 16gb stick directly?

13 minutes ago, Joost.sch said:

Hello!

why buy 16GB if you already have 16GB?

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

35 minutes ago, Joost.sch said:

Hello!

I'd suggest you to save some money, and buy two 16 gig sticks at once. Dual channel memory has essentially double the bandwidth of single channel memory. If you go single channel, i.e. one stick of 16, you'll get less performance from your system, i.e. the software that are affected by RAM bandwidth will run slower. For instance, you'll get lower fps in games, generally speaking.

Depending on your workload, you may notice the difference, or you probably won't. In any case, I'd suggest you to get 2 sticks of 16 gigs at the same time. 🙂 

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂