Corsair RM850 too hot??

MalaCraft

Hey Guys,

i know it is normal for the corsair rm series that the fan isnt active till like 40% load,

but is it normal that the psu casing gets hot? it is almost as hot as the backplate of my gtx 780. 

(all that under gaming load)

so is all safe or do i have to worry?

thanks guys

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."

You should be fine OP. My PSU gets hot under load too, just make sure the fan on the thing is actually working. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

The fan will spin when it has to, you'll be fine.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

yeah, it is fine. temperatures will seem hot and the fan will not spin until certain power requirements. Most components will be rated for good use at excess of 90 degrees C.

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

Ok good.

Thanks a lot for your fast answers!!!

"Well, not even last night's storm could wake you. I heard them say we've reached Morrowind, I'm sure they'll let us go."

On my PSU,which also has a system which turns off the fan when it isn't needed,the fan kicks in when the PSU reaches 50 celsius.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.