A Crash I've never seen before, please help

suha04

@Radium_AngelSo, I decided to reinstall Windows this weekend, because this Linux one doesn't really match my style. I'm gonna create a new boot USB for the Media Tool, to make sure It's not corrupted or old. I mean, a clean Windows is a happy Windows, right? It should help me troubleshoot if I have bad hardware if I crash out of a fresh install?

2 hours ago, suha04 said:

@Radium_AngelSo, I decided to reinstall Windows this weekend, because this Linux one doesn't really match my style. I'm gonna create a new boot USB for the Media Tool, to make sure It's not corrupted or old. I mean, a clean Windows is a happy Windows, right? It should help me troubleshoot if I have bad hardware if I crash out of a fresh install?

Fair enough, I would *only* re-install Windows, the updates, drivers and games.

Leave off things like Ryzen Master and whatnot, let's start with a barebones and see what happens

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Fair enough, I would *only* re-install Windows, the updates, drivers and games.

Leave off things like Ryzen Master and whatnot, let's start with a barebones and see what happens

So, I have an update for you.

I'll reinstall Windows today, because I need to write a test online, but this doesn't look good. Now, with D.O.C.P OFF my PC desktop freezes many times, and if I reboot, my SSD can't boot, only if I shutdown, then turn on. I managed to get another BSoD, but I didn't got a dump, for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, suha04 said:

So, I have an update for you.

I'll reinstall Windows today, because I need to write a test online, but this doesn't look good. Now, with D.O.C.P OFF my PC desktop freezes many times, and if I reboot, my SSD can't boot, only if I shutdown, then turn on. I managed to get another BSoD, but I didn't got a dump, for whatever reason.

OK, bad mobo then.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

8 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

OK, bad mobo then.

Thank you for the help you provided to me. I'm going to wait a few days, test it a little, but if the problem still persists, at least I know what to change. Have a great day mate! 

6 minutes ago, suha04 said:

Thank you for the help you provided to me. I'm going to wait a few days, test it a little, but if the problem still persists, at least I know what to change. Have a great day mate! 

You are welcome, keep us updated

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

You are welcome, keep us updated

So, I did a clean install, and I noticed that my PC always finds the SSD on first start, but after a reboot, It says that I need to plug in a boot device. After a turn off, and a turn on, the PC can find it, again. Does this match the description of a bad MOBO?

1 hour ago, suha04 said:

So, I did a clean install, and I noticed that my PC always finds the SSD on first start, but after a reboot, It says that I need to plug in a boot device. After a turn off, and a turn on, the PC can find it, again. Does this match the description of a bad MOBO?

Or a bad sata port (which can't be swapped out)

If all the sata ports do this, then yeah, either bad SSD (though you've said you've changed that out, yes?) or bad mobo.

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Or a bad sata port (which can't be swapped out)

If all the sata ports do this, then yeah, either bad SSD (though you've said you've changed that out, yes?) or bad mobo.

It can't be a SATA port, It's an M.2 NVMe SSD

9 minutes ago, suha04 said:

It can't be a SATA port, It's an M.2 NVMe SSD

Sorry, m.2, still could be bad. I assume your board only has 1 m.2 slot?

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sorry, m.2, still could be bad. I assume your board only has 1 m.2 slot?

2 actually. Quick update for you, because I'm so happy about this.

I believe I managed to download everything I used to have, and looks like I spared more than 80 GB-s of space on the SSD, which is both cool and scary. 😄

3 minutes ago, suha04 said:

2 actually. Quick update for you, because I'm so happy about this.

I believe I managed to download everything I used to have, and looks like I spared more than 80 GB-s of space on the SSD, which is both cool and scary. 😄

Data recovery is a good thing!

31 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Data recovery is a good thing!

I'm going to download Apex again, and I'll notify you if the BS returns. Until then, take care, and thanks again!

1 hour ago, suha04 said:

@Radium_Angel I froze again, while I just started playing. That's it. I'm pissed. 😞

Doncha just hate errors you can't really nail down?

Sucks...

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Doncha just hate errors you can't really nail down?

Sucks...

So I tried to change the M.2 Slot, It might work or I'm going to turn my MOBO into an origami

It seems fine. Actually, I checked the official site, and It says that both of the SSD slot has limitations. The first one locks sata5 and sata6 port, the second needs the PCIe to run at x8 mode instead of x16, so that might have caused something in the system. However, I'm not freezing yet, and I hope it stays this way. Thanks for the assist!