How many and that type of fans can the Arctic liquid Freezer II 360 manage (daisy chaining)?

Go to solution Solved by SupaKomputa,

Maximum current of a fan header is 1 Amps accoding to your motherboad specs.

A regular fan would use like 0.2-0.5 amps at 12v.

So using one header you can technically daisy chain 5 fans.

But i would suggest you get an active powered hub to lessen the load from that header.

As you know the Arctic liquid Freezer II 360 AIO features three stock Arctic P12 fans, which are daisy chained TOGETHER with the pump.

What does this mean? The 3 fans + the pump is essentially a SINGLE cable that you plug in to the motherboard's pump header.

QUESTION: Would e.g. three daisy chained (plugged into the Arctic LF II AIO daisy chaining cable) Corsair LL120 fans work just as well, or would that present a problem? The reason I'm asking is due to possible power requirements. I presume there is no issue, but would still like some advice, as I am still planning some things.

I'm going to be powering the LED's separately via the Corsair Commander Pro.

The main build:

• CPU: 5900X
  • Cooler: Arctic LF II 360
  • Motherboard: ROG X570 Strix-E
  • Memory: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600
  • GPU: waiting for the potential release of the RTX 3080 Ti, and for anyone asking - no I don't mind the wait, even with my components waiting quietly in storage at the moment 🙂 
  • Storage: 970 EVO Plus 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair RM1000x

Since I'm still planning this build I presume this can be posted under New Builds and Planning? If not I apologize in advance, thank you for understanding.

Well the corsair fans consume a fair bit more power due to being rgb but that is separated so shouldn't be an issue. They are worse than the stock fans tho.

But i would suggest you get an active powered hub to lessen the load from that header.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

They are worse than the stock fans tho

@jaslionI know.. The Arctic P12 are an AMAZING value fan.

HOWEVER... no RGB 😞 

1 hour ago, SupaKomputa said:

Thank you so much for the information @SupaKomputa I was just recently reading an article in regards to the amount of amps certain headers can handle and got a bit confused.

Anyway, I'll be running 3 Corsair LL120 (+ the pump), replacing the 3 stock Arctic P12 fans, through one cable (LF II 360 AIO).

I have also purchased a Corsair Commander Pro, which will be powering the rest of the 6 Corsair LL120 fans.

RGB is going to be handled by the lighting node, which (I believe) is included with every 3 pack of LL120.