Just need some advice as im new to the whole PC building scene.

Kyoshin

Currently i have most of the parts but ive recently bought the ROG STRIX B450-F and ive seen things where people are saying that the B450 arent compatible with my Ryzen 7 3700X. Also PC Part Picker mentions this.

Just wanting some advice on all this.

Thanks

The b450-f does support a ryzen 7 3700x . But you may need a bios update. And make sure that the motherboard's box says ryzen 3000 ready. And the board may not be able to handle overclocks. If you're looking into overclocking  MSI Tomahawk is cheaper and better. Maybe take a look at this thread. 

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

B450 is compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen after a BIOS update. If you bought it new, the motherboard should come with the new BIOS standard. However, that wouldn't be my first choice of a B450 motherboard.

Edited by gloop
Spelling

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

i thought rog series motherboards were great, kinda flagship grade and worth the premium for some people

Its a pretty bad deal when you have the Tomahawk with better VRMs for €20 less. The only advantage is a second m.2 on the B450F.

6 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

i thought rog series motherboards were great, kinda flagship grade and worth the premium for some people

They are flagships but each and every motherboards have their own downside. And it's a budget motherboard you can't expect too much

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

50 minutes ago, gloop said:

B450 is compatible with 3rd gen Ryzen after a BIOS update. If you bought it new, the motherboard should come with the new BIOS standard. However, that wouldn't be my first choice of a B450 motherboard.

Yeah i bought it brand new. So i shouldnt have to update it?

1 minute ago, Kyoshin said:

If it boots up into the os, you don't need to

Just now, Kyoshin said:

You probably shouldn't. Try booting with the 3700x, and if it doesn't work you'll have to update the BIOS.