Crysis 3 Issue

LJA

Hi, I've recently bought a Radeon RX 6800. I didn't have much time to play but since yesterday I've started to install multiple games and testing them. I have an issue with Crysis 3 that apparently happened years before: a strange 63/64 frames cap (in fact it doesn't matter resolution I choose, it also has some occasional huge dips in frames, VSYNC is off and I even disable Freesync just in case.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I really want to play this sucker since is the only Crysis I never fully played. I was hoping for a great experience even if I had a a capable 1080 ti before, but this stuff is becoming annoying. There is some solution to what it seems my problem that I found out there for NVIDIA, but none for AMD crads. If anyone have some useful info, thanks in advance!!

PD: My Rig is in my signature, clearly is not a problem of capable hardware

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5

16 hours ago, LJA said:

Hi, I've recently bought a Radeon RX 6800. I didn't have much time to play but since yesterday I've started to install multiple games and testing them. I have an issue with Crysis 3 that apparently happened years before: a strange 63/64 frames cap (in fact it doesn't matter resolution I choose, it also has some occasional huge dips in frames, VSYNC is off and I even disable Freesync just in case.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I really want to play this sucker since is the only Crysis I never fully played. I was hoping for a great experience even if I had a a capable 1080 ti before, but this stuff is becoming annoying. There is some solution to what it seems my problem that I found out there for NVIDIA, but none for AMD crads. If anyone have some useful info, thanks in advance!!

PD: My Rig is in my signature, clearly is not a problem of capable hardware

I'm playing Crisis 3 at the moment, and I'll be honest I'm struggling to get over 60 fps with high settings (i510400f, 2060,16bmgb RAM), and I know what you mean about the frame dips.

I have a feeling it's very difficult to get it into the 100fps range without some really new components - and I see yours is up there.

I had to play around with settings as my system isn't top tier.

If you've tried everything I can see why you are frustrated. 

The old "yeah, but can it run Crysis"? joke still applies, I guess.

Maybe, it's just not possible to get it to run much higher?

Is it possible the game simply won't run at significantly higher fps?

12 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I'm playing Crisis 3 at the moment, and I'll be honest I'm struggling to get over 60 fps with high settings (i510400f, 2060,16bmgb RAM), and I know what you mean about the frame dips.

I have a feeling it's very difficult to get it into the 100fps range without some really new components - and I see yours is up there.

I had to play around with settings as my system isn't top tier.

If you've tried everything I can see why you are frustrated. 

The old "yeah, but can it run Crysis"? joke still applies, I guess.

Maybe, it's just not possible to get it to run much higher?

Is it possible the game simply won't run at significantly higher fps?

Hi man, actually nope, not really, might be some other issue. Even if I run it at lower resolutions the problem persists. In fact the CAP or whatever is not even remotely using my GPU at full potential. The following pic shows what happened when I lowered my reso to 1440P, same scenario as 4K, no matter settings. 

InkedUJDrqtp_LI.jpg

Lian Li TU150x - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax - Ryzen 9 3900x - Be Quiet Dark Pro 4 - Asrock RX6800 Ref. Design - Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 32GB - Patriot Burst SATA 240GB - AORUS NVMe Gen4 2TB - PNY CS3030 NVMe Gen3 2TB - Corsair SF750 - Redragon Vishnu K596 - Logitech G604 - Samsung UJ590 32" - Huion GT 221 Pro - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Yamaha HS5