signal strength issue?

FadeZ

Hey guys,

I can get my internet to work on a DOCSIS 2 modem, but it ends up going down a few times a week. I Tried a DOCSIS 3 modem but could not get connected at all. Comcast thinks its a signal strength issue. Does that makes sense to you guys?

Well if you're 50 feet away then sure. If they can see a device on your end connecting, then it's your issue, not theirs.

What connection speed are you paying for? That will firstly determine whether your connection is DOCSIS 2.0 or DOCSIS 3.0. All DOCSIS 3.0 modems are backwards compatible, but DOCSIS 2.0 ones will cap your speed.

Also can you describe the problem in more detail? The internet drops right out/cuts off several times a week?

It's either a bad modem, or it's a problem with their signal. Most likely it's line noise caused by a bad connection or trunk on their end.

Is the modem provided by them, or is it one you own?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Internet goes just goes out for a few minutes at a time, seems not to come back on after restarting most the time but but just waiting a few minutes. 

Both of the modems are ones I own.

I get 50 Mbps which I know I cant take advantage of with the DOCSIS 2 modem but that's not the main issue at the moment.

with the DOCSIS 3 modem no matter what I do it wont get internet at all. 

What connection speed are you paying for? That will firstly determine whether your connection is DOCSIS 2.0 or DOCSIS 3.0. All DOCSIS 3.0 modems are backwards compatible, but DOCSIS 2.0 ones will cap your speed.

Also can you describe the problem in more detail? The internet drops right out/cuts off several times a week?

It's either a bad modem, or it's a problem with their signal. Most likely it's line noise caused by a bad connection or trunk on their end.

Is the modem provided by them, or is it one you own?