New to home theater systems, need advice

I was just gifted a Pyle PD3000BA Pre-Amp. I have an old set of 240watt audio/video monitors(I have no clue what that actually means) they have one large(maybe 12-16 inch) speaker, and two smaller speakers in each enclosure. They have the typical speaker wire clamp connections on the back, as well as 2 connections that would fit a cord from a guitar or microphone. I believe I will need to purchase an amp to make it all work together, but I am still clueless on how to set it up. It appears that the optical cable plug on the preamp is an output only. So I would have to use an aux to rca adapter to get the input from my tv. Then hook up an amp to the speaker output from the preamp, then from the amplifier to the speakers? I can add pictures tomorrow to help clarify things. I’m honestly not super into audio quality and volume, but I see this as an opportunity to learn a bit about technology that I know nothing about. I also do not have an amp yet and am open to budget suggestions. And any advice or knowledge you can share on speaker wire is greatly appreciated. 

4225C141-92F6-4772-8E7D-D5CCC9685DD2.jpeg

8EC061A7-F301-4FD7-91D8-C8EB2F3B581A.jpeg

8C151FCC-3095-469C-89C3-67A98E07B5F1.jpeg