Graphics Card says 0 RPM

thinnr

So i checked my iCue and other programs and it says my graphics card's fans are at 0 RPM. Whats wrong ?

graphics card.PNG

Can you look to see if they're actually running? Modern GPUs don't run their fans if they don't need to. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

I see 4% utilization on the screenshot so I doubt the GPU has a reason to spin the fans.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

I see 4% utilization on the screenshot so I doubt the GPU has a reason to spin the fans.

i just ran apex and its still not spinning 

2 minutes ago, ProjectBox153 said:

Can you look to see if they're actually running? Modern GPUs don't run their fans if they don't need to. 

they're spinning but it says they arent spinning 

3 minutes ago, Stockholmes said:

That's while idle, right? Newer GPU's turn their fans down to 0% when there is no load on them.

yeah it was idle but im running apex now and it's still at 0

1 minute ago, thinnr said:

yeah it was idle but im running apex now and it's still at 0

Do you have MSI afterburner installed? A custom fan curve might change things

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Do you have MSI afterburner installed? A custom fan curve might change things

no but i just downloaded it. what curve is the most optimal 

Just now, thinnr said:

You should adjust the curve to your liking, it varies a lot based in how good your airflow and stuff is.

Although I don't think you would need to set up a very complicated fan curve, if the default curve is no problem for you. I was just suggesting it to see if you could resolve the problems with the software reading the RPM

Primary PC:

that said hwmonitor doesn't show my gpu fans at all... any other software like gpuz does tho... 

🤔

9 hours ago, thinnr said:

usually default is a good start you can also set a fixed speed like 50% at least Afterburner should show you that the fans are spinning immediately after you hit apply. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity