What are these small white lines that appear for a split second? And my monitor goes black sometimes

VibeChecker

Rarely (I would say about 2-3 times per month) I see a small white line (about 1-3 pixels thick and 30-50 pixels long) appearing on the screen in a random place for a split second (it happened both in games and while just browsing). It appears and dissapears so fast that it looks like I'm hallucinating but more recently it appeared right where I was looking so I'm pretty sure it's real. I ran multiple benchmarks before (furmark, superposition, valley, kombustor) and other than extreme screen tearing in superposition and shadow flickering in heaven, everything was fine. I also have a bug where if I turn on my second monitor (HDMI, 1080p 75hz) and then I turn it off, and if discord is open, and I press on "Quit Game" in minecraft 1.8.9, my monitor goes completely black (with the backlight still on) and I have to force shutdown the computer. This also happened once when windows was starting up and it just restarted itself. My main monitor is 1440p 144hz and I use it with a displayport cable. My GPU is a Zotac RTX 2070 Mini.

Could these symptoms be because of a hardware issue? I'm mostly concerned about the random white lines because they look like they may be artifacts.

2 hours ago, VibeChecker said:

Why is nobody replying ;-;

it is not the best description... 

pictures would help but not necessarily. 

it does sound like some defect on the gpu... try another card if you can otherwise DDU drivers see if something changes. otherwise reinstall windows... basic stuff I can think of but yeah if it's the gpu it likely only gets worse in the future (hence trying out another would be the best thing to check) 

Btw "shadow flickering in heaven" could also be a bad oc. 

u overclocking? 

Either way u can try to underclock it a little and also set a power limit (around 90) in Afterburner. 

might help! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

50 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

it is not the best description... 

pictures would help but not necessarily. 

it does sound like some defect on the gpu... try another card if you can otherwise DDU drivers see if something changes. otherwise reinstall windows... basic stuff I can think of but yeah if it's the gpu it likely only gets worse in the future (hence trying out another would be the best thing to check) 

Btw "shadow flickering in heaven" could also be a bad oc. 

u overclocking? 

Either way u can try to underclock it a little and also set a power limit (around 90) in Afterburner. 

might help! 

I already DDU'd drivers before because I had some graphical glitches in games but it turned out it was the game itself that was glitching. I also don't have another card. The white line issue obviously doesn't bother me since it only happens very rarely and I can barely notice it even when it does happen, it might just be a hallucination idk becuase it's so hard to tell if it's real or not so it's not really possible to test anything because it happens very rarely, but could it get worse over time or no? I can run games and use 100% of the gpu with no issues other than DirectX reflection bugs which I determined to be the game's fault.

P.S. I'm not overclocking, the only thing I changed is the fan curve in MSI Afterburner

59 minutes ago, VibeChecker said:

Idk why nobody is replying I gave all the info I could 😕

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

might help! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

?

I said I can't really test if that fixes it since it happens so rarely that there is no easy way of testing if something works or not, but I guess I can try that yea

and it happened while I was doing non-GPU demanding things so I doubt that would change anything

Try running of the integrated graphics on the cpu and see if the issue is present there or not. If it is not present there it might a problem with your gpu

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

1 hour ago, Gamer4714 said:

Try running of the integrated graphics on the cpu and see if the issue is present there or not. If it is not present there it might a problem with your gpu

I don't have integrated graphics but I didn't get the issue at all yesterday, in fact I only get it about 3 times per month and I can barely even see it so I might be hallucinating for all I know xD but I was just wondering if it's possible for an issue with the GPU to manifest itself so rarely or if it's supposed to happen alot more often.

It maybe a hdmi cable issue or monitor if you're sure that your gpu has no problems

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

3 hours ago, Gamer4714 said:

It maybe a hdmi cable issue or monitor if you're sure that your gpu has no problems

I mean to be honest I ran alot of benchmarks with no hardware problem symptoms, only some software problem symptoms (shadow flickering, screen tearing) so I really doubt the GPU is broken, unless somehow the benchmarks broke it but apparently that's not possible since I didn't overclock the GPU but correct me if I'm wrong.

On 2/8/2021 at 5:34 AM, VibeChecker said:

Why is nobody replying ;-;

People tend to not reply if they don't know the answer to your question.  It also doesn't help if you post at 5 am in the morning, either.

This also seems to be more of a techsupport thread rather than a video card question so you may have had more luck there.  Some people tryhard that section because they enjoy helping people fix their computers.

This is for Ampere, so I don't know if it will work on your Turing.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=243fa36f07d6c4f2&id=243FA36F07D6C4F2!13846&authkey=!AE1dY9Jlj1sQ3S8

from here:

It's a VRAM Tester.

I also do not know where to get one that works on your Turing, if the one I linked does not work on your card.  Sorry.

Other than that, I don't know? Maybe your monitor or video cable is dying or something.  Maybe it's a driver problem.  As others said, pictures would help because clearly no one knows what's wrong.

8 hours ago, VibeChecker said:

I mean to be honest I ran alot of benchmarks with no hardware problem symptoms, only some software problem symptoms (shadow flickering, screen tearing) so I really doubt the GPU is broken, unless somehow the benchmarks broke it but apparently that's not possible since I didn't overclock the GPU but correct me if I'm wrong.

Try calling the seller or try contacting zotac for support, they might replace you with another one