Quotes not displaying correctly on Chrome Dev

Ashleyyyy

i get i'm running a beta browser, but i thought i'd bring this to attention jsut in case it has to do with some change in chrome, which could brick it for everyone when this chrome version is published to everyone. 

once again, i know i'm running beta software!!!

Browser, version and OS: Chrome Version 90.0.4408.0 (Official Build) dev (64-bit)
Manjaro Linux Testing Branch

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

image.thumb.png.0fc95eee9afd857c78db620842333332.png

Any other relevant details:

nope, jsut not displaying correctly. 

She/Her

This is Chrome Canary rather than beta, right? This looks very much like a chrome bug to me, because we're not doing anything weird that a spec-compliant browser could render like that (though I can imagine what is going wrong in the renderer to cause that). I'd suggest reporting a bug to Google for this, though I imagine that this would break a few other sites too and will get fixed relatively quickly.

HTTP/2 203

9 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

This is Chrome Canary rather than beta, right? This looks very much like a chrome bug to me, because we're not doing anything weird that a spec-compliant browser could render like that (though I can imagine what is going wrong in the renderer to cause that). I'd suggest reporting a bug to Google for this, though I imagine that this would break a few other sites too and will get fixed relatively quickly.

it's Dev, it's in the middle between beta and canary. 

She/Her

4 hours ago, Ashley xD said:

it's Dev, it's in the middle between beta and canary. 

I can't reproduce this on the latest dev build, on Fedora, so either it's already been fixed in the latest build or it's something specific to manjaro or to your graphics card.

HTTP/2 203

39 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

I can't reproduce this on the latest dev build, on Fedora, so either it's already been fixed in the latest build or it's something specific to manjaro or to your graphics card.

it's probably already fixed, i have Chrome Canary on my MacBook Pro and it doesn't display this problem either... 

She/Her

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2021 at 5:46 PM, Ashley MLP Fangirl said:

image.thumb.png.0fc95eee9afd857c78db620842333332.png

enchanthing table language?

Dream build:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-10600K | GIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE | Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L| RGB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro  16GB (2x8) CL18 3600MHz |

Intel 660P 512GB NVMe | Kingston A400 SSDNow 480GB 2.5" | WD "Caviar" Blue 1TB 7200RPM 3.5" | MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super Gaming EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G+ | THERMALTAKE RGB H200 USB 3.0 |

Peripherals:

Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon RGB Pro

Monitors:

(1) LG 27'" 27Gl650F-B 144hz 1ms IPS G-Sync Pivot 3

(2) Acer Predator XB241YUbmiprz 23.8" 144Hz 1ms G-Sync

Headset:

Kingston HyperX HX-HSCSC2-BK-WW Cloud Stinger Core