Need a new home networking solution.

chemical6

Hi guys i'v been wondering this for a little while now i live with 5 other people in my home and the only solution to all of us having a wired internet connection is by having our Netgear DGN1000 hooked up too a Zonet zfs3008 , im not too crash hot when it comes to networking and port speeds but i know the basics , question is whats a reasonably cheap (i don't mind if it costs a bit as long as its worth the $$$) setup that can accommodate us with us sacrificing internet speed. 

Well the main question is: What does your current set up not do, that you want?

Exactly as Darren asked - what is the problem? How to connect the 5 of you other then wired? Good AC wireless which has good range, powerline might be an option. Or is the issue slow internet? Not a lot to be done there as there are 5 of you. Need faster Internet. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Sorry i should have been a little more thorough the zonet switch we currently have installed splits one port into 8 so it kinda screws with our net speeds when to people connected to it are using the internet, just to give you an idea our down/up used to be 20/8 now since iv installed the switch its barely 1/.4 on a good day iv though it could have been a coincidence with our isp or something but iv taken the switch out of the setup multiple times and it seems to be the cause im after either a single router with 6ish ports or a decent switch