Need help upgrading my pc!

PeterRawkx
Go to solution Solved by Middcore,
14 minutes ago, PeterRawkx said:

ok it's not that bad but still trash xDDD
 Would u say that list is better then the one my friend recommended to me?
btw in theory isnt a ATX motherboard better then a Micro ATX motherboard

That depends what you mean by "better." An ATX motherboard has more expansion slots, so the one undeniable "superiority" of ATX boards if that they're inherently capable of utilizing more devices. However, most people never use a single PCIe device besides their graphics card so in theory many if not most ATX users could get by with an mATX board just fine. The thing is many (but not all) mATX boards tend to be more budget-oriented so they often skimp on features, have less robust VRMs, etc. and so they're seen as undesirable for high-end builds. It depends entirely on your use case. 

5 minutes ago, Reaper_3955 said:

well, I don't know how much dollars are equal to 1 euro AND i'm not a math whiz or anything but here is what I would recommend:

Cpu: i5-9600k

Gpu: RTX 2060 super

Ram: 16gb of any kind

SSD: 500gb of any kind

hdd: 2tb of any kind

You can easily convert using Google. PCpartpicker also allows your to select different countries/currencies. 

Your recommendations make no sense, as they blow through his budget, he said he wanted to keep the GPU he has, and you're putting him on a platform with a very limited upgrade path. 

Budget (including currency):  500-600 euros

Hey guys, i want to upgrade my PC but dont really know what hardware to go for, so i could need some help :D.

My budget is between 500-600 euros!

CURRENT SETUP:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

CPU - i5-2500k (ewwwwww)

GPU - 1060 6gb (only decent thing i have on my setup, and want to keep)

RAM - 8 gb ddr3

Power Supply - dont really know which one i have :/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a friend of mine has recommended to me:

Motherboard - ATX MSI b450 GAMING PLUS MAX

CPU - AMD RYZEN 5 3600

RAM - HYPERX FURY DDR4 RGB 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200MHZ CL16

Power Supply - SEASONIC FOCUS GOLD GX 650W FULL MODULAR

BOX - ATX NOX HUMMER MC PRO ARGB WHITE

TOTAL = 550€ which is pretty nice considering my budget

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to know your thoughts about what he recommended to me and also your opinions of what i should go for, thank you for your time! :DDD

5 minutes ago, PeterRawkx said:

Budget (including currency):  500-600 euros

Hey guys, i want to upgrade my PC but dont really know what hardware to go for, so i could need some help :D.

My budget is between 500-600 euros!

CURRENT SETUP:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

CPU - i5-2500k (ewwwwww)

GPU - 1060 6gb (only decent thing i have on my setup, and want to keep)

RAM - 8 gb ddr3

Power Supply - dont really know which one i have 😕

What a friend of mine has recommended to me:

Motherboard - ATX MSI b450 GAMING PLUS MAX

CPU - AMD RYZEN 5 3600

RAM - HYPERX FURY DDR4 RGB 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3200MHZ CL16

Power Supply - SEASONIC FOCUS GOLD GX 650W FULL MODULARER MC PRO ARG

BOX - ATX NOX HUMM

B WHITE

TOTAL = 550€ which is pretty nice considering my budget

I would like to know your thoughts about what he recommended to me and also your opinions of what i should go for, thank you for your time! :DDD

dont ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww the 2500K it's not that bad of a CPU 😞

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

7 minutes ago, Downkey said:

dont ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww the 2500K it's not that bad of a CPU 😞

Why not try the ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4? Comes with the newest chipset, just missing out on some USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports. Similar price point as well

7 minutes ago, PeterRawkx said:

the case and mobo your friend recommended isnt great.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

well, I don't know how much dollars are equal to 1 euro AND i'm not a math whiz or anything but here is what I would recommend:

6 minutes ago, PeterRawkx said:

ATX to MicroATX comes down to how many slots you need more than anything.

Considering multi gpu for casual builds is dead, chances are you’ll only ever use your one pcie x16 slot, maybe you’ll use an x1 for a WiFi adapter or sound card or whatever.

But unless you’re running something super hot where you need room for massive radiators or triple fan intakes, micro atx is fine and the boards and cases are way cheaper.

It can also be beneficial for cooling in some scenarios due to having a lot less “dead space” for air to pool or get stuck in fan loops. Those boards with the pcie x16 as the 2nd slot mean that in a micro atx system with a dual 120/140mm intake in the front, your gpu is centered, and has perfect airflow over the top and bottom.

14 minutes ago, PeterRawkx said:

That depends what you mean by "better." An ATX motherboard has more expansion slots, so the one undeniable "superiority" of ATX boards if that they're inherently capable of utilizing more devices. However, most people never use a single PCIe device besides their graphics card so in theory many if not most ATX users could get by with an mATX board just fine. The thing is many (but not all) mATX boards tend to be more budget-oriented so they often skimp on features, have less robust VRMs, etc. and so they're seen as undesirable for high-end builds. It depends entirely on your use case. 

5 minutes ago, Reaper_3955 said:

well, I don't know how much dollars are equal to 1 euro AND i'm not a math whiz or anything but here is what I would recommend:

You can easily convert using Google. PCpartpicker also allows your to select different countries/currencies. 

Your recommendations make no sense, as they blow through his budget, he said he wanted to keep the GPU he has, and you're putting him on a platform with a very limited upgrade path. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

11 minutes ago, Middcore said:

ah, ok