Would this risk frying the PSU?

stetamatea

So heres a bit of a wierd test setup that im gonna have to do soon

So i got my vive index vr headset recently and want to test if it works so i can return it ASAP if its DOA, but my PC is missing few key components, Corsair ax1600i and both 3090 GPUs have not yet arrived and due to supply issues with both PSU and GPUs it seems those wont arrive anytime soon (before anyone starts with stuff like "sli is dead" or "why waste money on SLI" that i often see on forums when someone mentions SLI just know that its not for gaming, its for 3D rendering and modelling work)

All my other parts are here (MSI z490 ACE, i9 10900k 64GB gskill RAM, SSDs, HDDs, case, CPU watercooler, etc.) so my friend said he can borrow me his GTX 1060 and his 500W PSU so that i can test to see if my valve index vr headset works but i am afraid that my CPU that i read somewhere can draw up to 350 watts when it boosts under load plus his gtx 1060 might be too much for his 500W PSU and damage it, how high is the risk of that?

In short: can 500w PSU handel intel core i9 10900k, 64gb ram and GTX 1060 for few hours of testing my new VR headset?

In the BIOS, disable 4 cores and it'll still be excellent for gaming while consuming quite a lot less power.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

28 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

In the BIOS, disable 4 cores and it'll still be excellent for gaming while consuming quite a lot less power.

Thanks, i will do that, it will probably be enough for a quick test of vr headset 🙂

Why don't you take your Index and try it at your friends house?

The VR software is easy enough to unistall from steam and you don't need any games to check and see that everything works.