PSU change

_sirhC_

CPU :  R5 1600 @4ghz 1.25V

RAM : Corsair 16gb ddr 3200mhz

GPU: RX 580 4gb sapphire

2 case fans

I live in hungary constant 230V.

TL;DR My old PSU gave out after 11 years, and i quickly picked up a PSU that was "okay" from local reviews. Its a COOLERMASTER V3 ELITE 600W and it works and everything but its very loud. Like louder than my GPU under load.So i will return it back and  get my money back but i want to buy  new PSU before I send this back.I need to have a PC at all times because of online school. So I found a new PSU CoolerMaster MWE 700 WHITE 230V - V2 in a local store.

M.o: MPE-7001-ACABW

I am not really concerned about wattage as I know 700 is more than enough.

So my questions are:

1,According to the PSU tierlist on this forum. This is "decent" for mid tier rigs.But i was wondering if anything changed since it was added to the list?

2,It says as input range is 200-240V and a lot of people say that its a terrible thing and nobody should buy one that has this as input range.After doing a quick research(most likely not enough) I came to the conclusion that this only is a problem in countries that cant provide that much voltage constantly(east asia,some parts of america?) and thats why people say its not a good buy.But considering my country, does this mean that i dont really have to worry about this ?

3,I read somewhere that a 200-240V PSU cant get a 80+ cert because of its range? But it seems like this one has ?

4,Is this a "good enough and probably wont cause any troubles" PSU for my rig?(I know buying a good PSU is mostly to make sure if it dies it doesnt take my hole system down)

5,Is there any issues that happen a lot whit this unit?

6,Does anyone have this exact type? If so is it loud at all? There are noise values on the site but i dont know how trusted can it be.

Sorry for broken english, I wrote this in a hurry. So tell me if something is not understandable.

4 hours ago, _sirhC_ said:

CPU :  R5 1600 @4ghz 1.25V

RAM : Corsair 16gb ddr 3200mhz

GPU: RX 580 4gb sapphire

2 case fans

I live in hungary constant 230V.

TL;DR My old PSU gave out after 11 years, and i quickly picked up a PSU that was "okay" from local reviews. Its a COOLERMASTER V3 ELITE 600W and it works and everything but its very loud. Like louder than my GPU under load.So i will return it back and  get my money back but i want to buy  new PSU before I send this back.I need to have a PC at all times because of online school. So I found a new PSU CoolerMaster MWE 700 WHITE 230V - V2 in a local store.

M.o: MPE-7001-ACABW

I am not really concerned about wattage as I know 700 is more than enough.

So my questions are:

1,According to the PSU tierlist on this forum. This is "decent" for mid tier rigs.But i was wondering if anything changed since it was added to the list?

2,It says as input range is 200-240V and a lot of people say that its a terrible thing and nobody should buy one that has this as input range.After doing a quick research(most likely not enough) I came to the conclusion that this only is a problem in countries that cant provide that much voltage constantly(east asia,some parts of america?) and thats why people say its not a good buy.But considering my country, does this mean that i dont really have to worry about this ?

3,I read somewhere that a 200-240V PSU cant get a 80+ cert because of its range? But it seems like this one has ?

4,Is this a "good enough and probably wont cause any troubles" PSU for my rig?(I know buying a good PSU is mostly to make sure if it dies it doesnt take my hole system down)

5,Is there any issues that happen a lot whit this unit?

6,Does anyone have this exact type? If so is it loud at all? There are noise values on the site but i dont know how trusted can it be.

Sorry for broken english, I wrote this in a hurry. So tell me if something is not understandable.

The Cooler Master Elite looks like its in the Tier E - Potentially Dangerous category.  So many power supply names are similar, that the Tier List is difficult to follow at times.  I try not to point people to it for that reason.  I don't know much about the power supply, but it they put it at Tier E - Potentially Dangerous, it should not be used at all.  Usually that category is for the power supplies that can ruin components, short life span, or worse, burn your home down.  If you can, I would return it. 

Can you buy Corsair CX power supplies where you live?  They are usually cheap and good enough.  Other than one pretty old Corsair VS unit, Corsair doesn't make anything dangerous. 

3 minutes ago, 1982 Original said:

The Cooler Master Elite looks like its in the Tier E - Potentially Dangerous category.  So many power supply names are similar, that the Tier List is difficult to follow at times.  I try not to point people to it for that reason.  I don't know much about the power supply, but it they put it at Tier E - Potentially Dangerous, it should not be used at all.  Usually that category is for the power supplies that can ruin components, short life span, or worse, burn your home down.

Yeah, the elite is kinda bad,its only temporary until I pick up my new one the Coolermaster MWE 700 white V2.

14 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

Corsair doesn't make anything dangerous. 

What? Every brand makes dangerous psus. Every psu can fail, higher end psus just have lower change to do that.

14 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

I try not to point people to it for that reason.

Well you should look at what tiering means on that tier list. There are also clear explanations on the Psu tier list's spreadsheet.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

The CM MWE white V2 is a good budget unit, it has modern topology that can support higher-end GPUs.

Yes, 230V input is bad when you have brown outs, which is when your main voltage drops. If it goes below 180V the system will shut down. If it happens often, like in third world countries, then the diode will blow up. I honestly don't know how the mains is like in your country, so maybe you need to do the rest of the research.

I believe full range inputs has nothing to do with efficiency. It is just that higher end PSUs tend to be full range input and coincidentally higher efficiency.

MWE V2s were tested by Cybenetics and they didn't seem to have found any problems, and we rarely hear them having problems, so I assume it should be trouble free. However, it's something that we don't know for certain, even the highest end PSUs have problems as well, but that is like 1 in 1000 cases type of thing. Every PSU will of course have problems, if you are that unlucky person who picked up something wrong. There is one thing to note though, pre-February 2020 these PSUs have high ripple in the low loads, but that seems to be fixed in newer units. So if you want to be sure, ask the seller from which batch it is.

This is a white unit, so it should be noisy. How noisy? Even the bronze version are noisy and the white must be even noiser.

3 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

The CM MWE white V2 is a good budget unit, it has modern topology that can support higher-end GPUs.

Yes, 230V input is bad when you have brown outs, which is when your main voltage drops. If it goes below 180V the system will shut down. If it happens often, like in third world countries, then the diode will blow up. I honestly don't know how the mains is like in your country, so maybe you need to do the rest of the research.

I believe full range inputs has to do with efficiency. It is just that higher end PSUs tend to be full range input and coincidentally higher efficiency.

MWE V2s were tested by Cybenetics and they didn't seem to have found any problems, and we rarely hear them having problems, so I assume it should be trouble free. However, it's something that we don't know for certain, even the highest end PSUs have problems as well, but that is like 1 in 1000 cases type of thing. Every PSU will of course have problems, if you are that unlucky person who picked up something wrong. There is one thing to note though, pre-February 2020 these PSUs have high ripple in the low loads, but that seems to be fixed in newer units. So if you want to be sure, ask the seller from which batch it is.

This is a white unit, so it should be noisy. How noisy? Even the bronze version are noisy and the white must be even noiser.

Hello, first of all sorry for the late respond.Secondly, thank you for the explanation about the full range and 230 units.The one thing that is suprisingly good in my country is the voltage cause it drops below 200 like once-twice a year(atleast in my house)This is based on the fact that my old PSU was a chieftec smart 600W unit, same 230V type and i cant remember the time it stopped due to voltage,it lasted 11 years.I picked up earlier this day the unit MWE 700 v2 white and its absolutely silent. It has a very subtle coil whine when my pc pulls 180-200W but once i am over or below that range there is no whine at all.The fan itself is totally silent since atm the pc cant pull even 50% (around 260W peak) so its absolutely silent.

About that test, when i was doing research this was mentioned somewhere before that they did a test on it and they said its decent the only big issue is the 230V range.Which shouldn't be that big a problem since my voltage is very constant(?)

20 hours ago, 1982 Original said:

The Cooler Master Elite looks like its in the Tier E - Potentially Dangerous category.  So many power supply names are similar, that the Tier List is difficult to follow at times.  I try not to point people to it for that reason.  I don't know much about the power supply, but it they put it at Tier E - Potentially Dangerous, it should not be used at all.  Usually that category is for the power supplies that can ruin components, short life span, or worse, burn your home down.  If you can, I would return it. 

Can you buy Corsair CX power supplies where you live?  They are usually cheap and good enough.  Other than one pretty old Corsair VS unit, Corsair doesn't make anything dangerous. 

Hello, first of all sorry for late respons. Secondly, earlier this morning I picked up the coolermaster unit.The thing is i came to the conclusion after looking at said testing(cybenetics) that this units only issue is that its 230V and thats why its low on the tier list. But since i dont have brown outs and i had very consistant voltage levels in my house it shouldn't be a problem for me ? If i missunderstood and there are other issues why its low on the tier list please tell me.Unfortunately there were actually no corsair units, the cheapest one was double the price of this.

26 minutes ago, _sirhC_ said:

I picked up earlier this day the unit MWE 700 v2 white and its absolutely silent. It has a very subtle coil whine when my pc pulls 180-200W but once i am over or below that range there is no whine at all.The fan itself is totally silent since atm the pc cant pull even 50% (around 260W peak) so its absolutely silent.

About that test, when i was doing research this was mentioned somewhere before that they did a test on it and they said its decent the only big issue is the 230V range.Which shouldn't be that big a problem since my voltage is very constant(?)

Glad it is silent for you, you must be used to hearing noiser fans, have noiser other fans in your PC, or have very tolerant hearing. These budget PSUs are not made for silent operation. But if it's all good for you, then it's all good.

29 minutes ago, _sirhC_ said:

Yes, it is good, the issue I have is just that older batch ripple issue.

3 minutes ago, boghubodaghi said:

Glad it is silent for you, you must be used to hearing noiser fans, have noiser other fans in your PC, or have very tolerant hearing. These budget PSUs are not made for silent operation. But if it's all good for you, then it's all good.

Yes, it is good, the issue I have is just that older batch ripple issue.

Yeah, they claim that the max noise it can output is 40dba which isnt much. But maybe i am just used to noise i dont know at this point 😄 

Yeah I have no info about whihc batch it is from. The only thing the sales person told me is that they just restocked with this PSU, but I guess that doesnt really say much 😄

Could you explain please what happens when it ripples? Will it have any noticable effect? Or will it just silently wear down the other stuff?

22 minutes ago, _sirhC_ said:

Yeah, they claim that the max noise it can output is 40dba which isnt much. But maybe i am just used to noise i dont know at this point 😄 

Yeah I have no info about whihc batch it is from. The only thing the sales person told me is that they just restocked with this PSU, but I guess that doesnt really say much 😄

Could you explain please what happens when it ripples? Will it have any noticable effect? Or will it just silently wear down the other stuff?

It's very hard to test ripple, so let's just hope it's from a newer batch. The main bad effect of ripple is that it will heat up the VRMs on your MB or GPU, thereby reducing the lifespan of your components or cause instabilities. 

3 hours ago, boghubodaghi said:

It's very hard to test ripple, so let's just hope it's from a newer batch. The main bad effect of ripple is that it will heat up the VRMs on your MB or GPU, thereby reducing the lifespan of your components or cause instabilities. 

I see. Well best I can do is hope 😄

5 hours ago, _sirhC_ said:

Hello, first of all sorry for late respons. Secondly, earlier this morning I picked up the coolermaster unit.The thing is i came to the conclusion after looking at said testing(cybenetics) that this units only issue is that its 230V and thats why its low on the tier list. But since i dont have brown outs and i had very consistant voltage levels in my house it shouldn't be a problem for me ? If i missunderstood and there are other issues why its low on the tier list please tell me.Unfortunately there were actually no corsair units, the cheapest one was double the price of this.

That’s fine on the Corsair unit. I just guessed on Corsair being available in Hungary just because they are so widely known in the industry. It’s tough when choice is limited. Sounds like you got some good advice. Good luck.